Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What items can I sell back to the Crown Store for the purple crowns I can use to buy crates?

afia2000
afia2000
What items can I sell back to the Crown Store for the purple crowns I can use to buy crates?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean Crown Gems, you can convert certain items that you got through Crown Crates into gems. Typically it's consumables and items you already own.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36995/~/how-do-i-get-crown-gems-in-the-elder-scrolls-online

Wbr2VGa.jpg

h6lNszP.jpg

crown-gem-extraction.jpg
  • afia2000
    afia2000
    I already knew I could sell stuff back to get the crown gems, I just wanted to know what I could sell back. I have maxed out all the research I need to do in woodworking for example, and I have three Instant woodworking research rewards that are bound to me (not sure if they're bound to a specific toon or my account) and I've tried to sell back the free poison rewards as well but they don't seem to convert into crown crates...so what does?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can only convert it to gems if it originally came from a crown crate. You can't convert scrolls/potions that came from daily rewards or from the crown store.

Daily rewards tend to give XP scrolls, research scrolls (those are account bound so you can transfer between characters), and potions/poisons as well, but you can't convert those to gems. The cheap rewards in crates may also include these, but since those came from crates, you can convert them.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only get crown gems from items that came out of crown crates. Even if the items itself is identical if you got it by another method you cannot convert it into gems. They're designed to be a 'compensation prize' so if you get an item you can't use you can covert it into a small fraction of something useful instead.

There is no way to get crown gems without getting crates first. The only way to get free gems is to get crates from the Twitch drops by linking your ESO account to a Twitch account and then logging into streams which give crates, or very occasionally from other promotions which give away crates.

If you want crown crate items without buying crates the best option is to complete the daily and weekly endeavors and save up the seals of endeavor they give you. There's a separate tab in the crown store for spending them on items from the current crates.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • afia2000
    afia2000
    Oh! Okay, I get it now. Thank you for clarifying this.
  • Dzadzey
    Dzadzey
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a suggestion, not that anyone at that matters will pay attention to is...Hw about making ALL the potions we get through the daily rewards system, that no one uses, convertible to crown gems...eh? That way, those of us who refuse to feed into the crown crate crap shoot (I love alliteration) stand a chance at accumulating enough crown gems to buy the, occasionally, neat or useful items that show up in the crown gem store.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Dzadzey wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion, not that anyone at that matters will pay attention to is...Hw about making ALL the potions we get through the daily rewards system, that no one uses, convertible to crown gems...eh? That way, those of us who refuse to feed into the crown crate crap shoot (I love alliteration) stand a chance at accumulating enough crown gems to buy the, occasionally, neat or useful items that show up in the crown gem store.

edit: I redact my statement. I misread.

Also, some of my characters use the crown potions just because I don't have enough time to craft my own or harvest. I come home late, do my dailies, and log off. Weekends and a couple weeknights I may grind for some gear (fruitlessly), but hopefully the new update with "smart" RNG makes the game less grindy and I wouldn't rely on crown item daily rewards.

Some of my characters have the crappiest regen for long fights because I feed them the crown food (roasted chicken looking thing). But it's fine for dailies and having bonus to health and healing.
    Edited by Syrpynt on October 5, 2021 5:48PM