Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence Nerf, I mean tweak...

Red_Feather
Red_Feather
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is such a wild set and I thought I'd never see such things in ESO, but it needs to be adjusted to make it less busted.

I honestly think the skill will retain being fun to use and have engaging counterplay with its mechanics being the following steps.
  1. Ground cast pulls targets into it.
  2. Targets that are pulled are snared.
  3. Snared targets get a debuff that counts down 4 seconds.
  4. After 4 seconds the debuff causes damage based on how close to the epicenter they are.

So no stun. The damage is all done through a debuff, which cannot stack, so only one instance of that damage can happen. And the whole thing can be cleansed, or even avoided with immunity to snares, rather than having to dodge or streak or whatever out of it. Plenty of options.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No stun?

Perfect!!! Now I can use the Psijic Order stun with this set and get more bang for my buck!!! :*
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    No stun?

Perfect!!! Now I can use the Psijic Order stun with this set and get more bang for my buck!!! :*

Has it been changed so that after a pull a player doesn't get immunity to stun?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No stun?

Reason the set can stun the people after the pull is because the pull does not give the targets CC immunity. Only reason I cannot actually take full advantage of the Time Stop + Dark Convergence is because of the fact the set stuns after the pull. Funnily enough the 1 second stun actually balances the set out from some really nasty combos.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No stun?

Reason the set can stun the people after the pull is because the pull does not give the targets CC immunity. Only reason I cannot actually take full advantage of the Time Stop + Dark Convergence is because of the fact the set stuns after the pull. Funnily enough the 1 second stun actually balances the set out from some really nasty combos.

That's really interesting.

So the game could add all kinds of stuff. Like an ability that inscribes an air sigil on the ground, and if you use the skill again it could do an air burst from the caster's hands that pushes a target back and if the target happens to land on the air sigil it could launch them into the air for a long stun. It just needs to be coded in a way to not give CC immunity on the push?

Wow, there is all kinds of things that can be done then. Here I thought the game's combat was so restricted because of the immunity rules.
    Edited by Red_Feather on August 30, 2021 3:29AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, there is all kinds of things that can be done then. Here I thought the game's combat was so restricted because of the immunity rules.

There was a PTS thread saying that they shouldn't have the pull on this set the way it is. Dark Convergence is the first time we got a pull in this game that didn't apply hard cc immunity directly afterwards, and why it's as weird as it is. They could very easily just make it pull and give cc immunity, but then the set would be a laughable meme at best since the explosion takes so long to actually go off and immobilization can be dodged out of.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There was a PTS thread saying that they shouldn't have the pull on this set the way it is. Dark Convergence is the first time we got a pull in this game that didn't apply hard cc immunity directly afterwards, and why it's as weird as it is. They could very easily just make it pull and give cc immunity, but then the set would be a laughable meme at best since the explosion takes so long to actually go off and immobilization can be dodged out of.

There is another new and easier to use set. https://eso-sets.com/set/rush-of-agony
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you use both timestop with dark convergence and will it works
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only change that is needed for this set is to increase damage based on targets within meaning casting on one target should have little to no damage done, damage ramps up to 12 players beyond 12 players its instant death!

This set is built for zergs or large packs of players, it should not be a one shot kill on solo players.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only change that is needed for this set is to increase damage based on targets within meaning casting on one target should have little to no damage done, damage ramps up to 12 players beyond 12 players its instant death!

This set is built for zergs or large packs of players, it should not be a one shot kill on solo players.

I agree with this completely.

The set was designed to make dents in LARGE groups. It should be essentially ineffective on anything less than 3 players within the radius.

I would actually go one step further and make the pull not work unless 3 or more players are in the radius, and the damage scaling only begin at this number as well.

This set is sooooo good. A pull that doesn't cause CC immunity, a snare, a stun and scaling damage all in one set? It's absolutely bonkers and it needs strict downsides for how good it is.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is cc immunity? I've seen it in the CP points but have no idea what it is exactly.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is the pull itself, and not because of balance, but because the game does not handle positioning well at all. In lag; it causes people to get stuck in double break free or if they move, they rubber band back to where they had been pulled and eating damage

These sets that do this in mass and allow a stun after a pull should never have seen the light of day. Putting them in PvP to clearly also say they intend them for PVP is at very least proof of a huge disconnect from them not playing pvp in their own game at prime time in a full server. Incompetence is the best case scenario; mal intent is the other end.
    Edited by techyeshic on September 7, 2021 1:45PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No rework or nerf to any of the new "holly trinity" proc-sets.... in Patch Notes... It is time to move to Ravenwatch I guess... :|
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is cc immunity? I've seen it in the CP points but have no idea what it is exactly.

@Veinblood1965

CC immunity is a state that is granted after you use the "break-free" effect (hit the "bash" key while stunned to use break-free). The state last for 6 seconds by default.

In the past anything that pulls you towards another player or space automatically gave you CC immunity so that you could not be endlessly ping-pongged back and forth.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Aznox on September 8, 2021 7:40AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No rework or nerf to any of the new "holly trinity" proc-sets.... in Patch Notes... It is time to move to Ravenwatch I guess... :|

Using this set without trying I was able to wipe out a few groups rather easily without even really trying. Never had so many kills and walked away basically without a scrape. When combined with other sets and abilities this set from my short experience using it, needs to be adjusted.

Looking at the damage from the 5 piece and how it has a pull and a stun makes me wonder if the devs damage formula is off by a single decimal place making the set what it is now a bit over powered. My character was hitting enemy players for over 20K in damage.

I believe adjusting the bonus damage from 10% down to 5% and lowering the base damage by 25% would make the set still usable.

I put this set away as I simply wanted to to test it out and after seeing how strong it is, I moved back to my prefer style of PVP and hoping the devs take a look at the set and adjust it according to any data they can collect on how it is performing.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on September 9, 2021 6:49PM
  • vms11934
    vms11934
    ✭✭✭
    I assume something like Stampede would trigger this too? Just want to confirm before I go ahead and get it (though I have my reservations since I sense the nerf bat headed this set's way soon and who knows what it will be like afterwards).
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly hilarious in PVE
    - Magicka det
    - Drop a ground AOE to proc dark convergence
    - Switch bar, titanic cleave (masters 2H)

Definitely out of whack with everything else.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    It's a fairly good support set in pve. I think the only things about it that could be tweaked are the damage, the stun, the cooldown, and the cc immunity. Anything else would leave it useless and unable to fulfill its purpose.
    The range and the pull should stay as a it is.
    I don't know what combination of the other parameters would be considered good though.
    I assume removing the damage and/or the stun is probably a good idea. It already has combo potential with time stop and proxy det, it doesn't really need more.