Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There will never be "balance"

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
So after asking @zos to speak up on the state of pvp. After seeing the great many posts asking for balance. Or to bring back que specifics. Or to just fix basic issues.
[snip] I am convinced this game will never change.
[snip]
They recently added in Hrothgar and Dark convergence. Two sets aimed at further breaking the balance and making tankier builds more kill-able. [snip]
They could have fixed things. But instead released more OP high damage sets.

I think its time to call it after 7 years. There is no point asking @Zos to change anything anymore. [snip]

[edited for conspiracy theories]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 30, 2021 10:31AM
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balance with over 400 sets and still growing? It would require a TEAM and STRATEGY. No, sadly I think at this point it is impossible.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balance with over 400 sets and still growing? It would require a TEAM and STRATEGY. No, sadly I think at this point it is impossible.

Outside of proc sets, the sets are not the big issue. The number of possible builds is huge when taking into account six classes with 4.5 damage weapon skill lines to choose two of them along with the numerous other skill lines with skills and passives. That is before even considering the effects of CP. Yes, sets do add to this but they are not as impactful since only a small percentage of them are decent.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Here is some real evidence for you no theories.

@Zos could have made fixes, but instead chose not to (NOT THEORY- FACTS)

This is not the first time (NOT THEORY- FACTS)

They could have gave us what we wanted but leaned further into this idea of a high damage meta. Releasing new over powered sets (NOT THEORY- FACTS)

Its common knowledge that @Zos have always preferred a constantly shifting meta both pve and pvp. Only giving people a few months at a time before changing it again. (NOT THEORY- FACTS)

There are posts every single week asking for basic fixes like bringing back que-specific but nothing changes (NOT THEORY- FACTS)

Games take time to make. Features take time to make. Thought goes into them. Which means @Zos wants this game in its current state (NOT THEORY- FACTS)

[snip]
    [edited for discussing moderator actions]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 30, 2021 1:43PM
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    There wont NEVER be balance, from one simple reason:

Coz u would need to separate sets from PVP and PVE in the way their work - and that will NEVER happen. Coz it would require a HUGE revolution in how hame performs.

The other reasons (altough not that important) are:

- skill rebalance (they need rework)
    - class
    - pvp mecs
    - battle spirit changes.

Those are things, that require TIME and INVESTMENT to make balance.
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    We are running and hit a dragonknight for almost 5 min, he keeps take a lot of damage but could keep heal him self up.
    We are sometimes 10 people hit him and after almost 5 min I gave up and start going to the keep.
    On my way I got ambush by 2 nightblade and I kill them both, another attack me and I kill him to.
    [snip]
    10 people can't' kill one, and I kill 3 alone.
    [snip]
    Zenimax try to play your own game !

[Edited for Bashing]
    Edited by Psiion on September 1, 2021 7:19PM
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Well, despite what people say, ZOS can balance things out if they wanted to, but they don't. Patch after patch is the same old doo doo. The last time I really enjoyed PvP was pre Greymoor, that's when PvP was somewhat okay.

I don't think the problem is high burst meta, because it's not a high burst meta. I don't know about the others, but I often get into matches where players have like 5 to 8 kills max in a death match. It's really funny too, to look at them melees running around smashing each other, it's like watching someone banging the wall with his head in hopes to break it. Many players even not afraid of being killed, as they run straight into the middle, and the best part is, they don't die.

I will call it GG when they finally nerf defensive ability stacking. When 1 player not able to tank 4 players unless he is a tank. When if you do ridiculous amount of damage, you take a lot of damage also and vise versa. They can have their proc sets and all that stuff. I bet 100% that with balance like that, new players won't be discouraged from PvP, and I won't hear almost every match how bad PvP is here...
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    There will never be a fair balance in Elder Scrolls Online.
    I really have wonder how some people can take so much damage and still have insane high damage.
    I wonder how some can switch speed for damage and still have more damage than most people.
    It must be because they are more skilled, so I was wonder how do I get more skills.
    My brother stop plays many years ago, before the CP system and I ask if I could get his account.
    I got the account and was testing the difference between my account and my brother.
    It was a little weird.
    With almost 3k CP at my own account and only 160 CP at my brothers, my brother's old account did make more damage.
    I did craft the same armour, but have a lot more CP set at my own account.
    I really don't understand why there is this difference but I have found out if I want more skills, I make more damage to my brother old account.
    If the damage is different at different accounts, why should resist not be different?
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!