The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Dread cellar

lynx20036a
Can’t complete the new dungeon as the quest giver don’t pop up at the end of the dungeon
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Which platform and megaserver are you on?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Azirius
    Azirius
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm this happened to me once, PC EU.
    PC EU
    Azirius Razorclaw - Dragonknight Stamina DPSAlaeneth - Nightblade Stamina DPSKal'Moora - Warden Stamina DPSAetheralia - Templar Stamina DPSThe Grieving King - Necromancer Stamina DPSOthorus - Sorcerer Stamina DPSIdamagaron - Sorcerer Magicka DPSNelienthia - Necromancer Magicka DPSGalvano - Templar Magicka DPSExalted Inferno - Dragonknight Magicka DPSGlacia Hailstrom - Warden Magicka DPSSomara'Ko - Nightblade Magicka DPS/TankLithiriu - Warden HealerYalithra Redoran - Dragonknight HealerTilerius - Templar TankJärnvargen - Dragonknight TankWinter Valkyrie - Warden TankMistress Demise - Necromancer Tank
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've had this issue as well (EU/NA). All you need to do is relog, then the quest giver will appear.
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    Have to relog to get the quest NPC to show up. XB/NA. Series X.
    Edited by YoshinJaa on September 8, 2021 5:44PM
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friend had this problem on Xbox EU. He had to relog to fix it. He's on series S.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which platform and megaserver are you on?

This has been an issue since PTS. The fix is to port out and back into the dungeon.
  • lynx20036a
    Am on ps5 na
  • xyphrum
    xyphrum
    ✭✭
    I had the same. And relog fixed it.

There is another strange thing. After I
    let her kill him, I walked back to the door and they both spawned in again and started their conversation again. Walked all way back to the door again, and triggered it again...
    Not sure if this was because I was doing it solo.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope; the subsequent times I've ran it, you get the same thing.
    The end choices are no longer available - it just proceeds into the quest steps to have him executed. You can't interact to talk and change the ending, etc.

Also, I have heard from all players that have played it (all platforms/servers), that they have had to re-log to finish the quest. When I did it on release day (PC), it worked - but it appears to be the exception.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We did it on release day and it was still bugged even then.. and it was bugged for everyone. Second time through it worked.

(PC-NA)
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on September 8, 2021 7:21PM
    love is love
  • lynx20036a
    Took 3 try’s to get the dungeon done this needs fixing of this bug was on PTS it should have been fixed on launch
  • brainsnorkel
    Dread Cellar also has a problem where chests sometimes don't appear for all people in the group too.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to two people in my party on PC-EU at release. The fix is to leave and re-enter the dungeon.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Completed dungeon THREE times and NO quest NPC appeared in final room (when using "group acceptance" method).

Workaround:

Abandon quest, go to Blackwood, enter dungeon (with small boat), get quest directly from quest NPC (not from group "acceptance"), queue for dungeon, finish dungeon, NPC finally appears.

By the way, "/reloadui" does NOT work for this bug. PS4 NA.

Leaving/reentering dungeon will work IF SOMEONE REMAINS in dungeon (and you already know how quickly people leave a dungeon once finished).
    Edited by SpiritofESO on September 8, 2021 11:54PM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ have also had this bug happen on PC NA
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Completed dungeon THREE times and NO quest NPC appeared in final room (when using "group acceptance" method).

Workaround:

Abandon quest, go to Blackwood, enter dungeon (with small boat), get quest directly from quest NPC (not from group "acceptance"), queue for dungeon, finish dungeon, NPC finally appears.

By the way, "/reloadui" does NOT work for this bug. PS4 NA.

Leaving/reentering dungeon will work IF SOMEONE REMAINS in dungeon (and you already know how quickly people leave a dungeon once finished).

This is never going to work for me. I can never get guildies to run with me since I’m dps so I’ll have to pug it. There is no way they’ll stick around if they have already run the dungeon.

I hope this will be fixed soon.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just happened to me as well on PS5/EU. The others in my group could see the person to whom to talk to to finish the quest, but I couldn't. By the way, the dungeon was started via random normal in activity finder and I was the group lead.
    Edited by msetten on September 9, 2021 3:08PM
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    PS5 NA. Had to relog to talk to Lucilla.
  • LiesySchwarz
    That also happened to all in my group as well on the night of release on PS4/PS5 EU. To fix it we all travelled out (one stayed) and back (travel to player), one by one. /reloadui did nothing
    Liesy Schwarz | PS5 | EU
    Guildmaster @ Death Express
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    This has happened to two of my characters on the EU server. Quest giver appeared when on the NA server. The quest marker appears on the compass, but no NPCs, just the dead boss.