The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why cant Companions carry their own items? and other quality of life things you want

Nanfoodle
Nanfoodle
✭✭✭✭✭
You should be able to assign "companion gear" a set or two of clothing to your companion for two reasons.

1. They are a full on NPC with a story and a life that came before they joined you. Im sure they owned at least one backpack before they joined me.

2. Companions being shared by all your chars. Means if I have unlocked enough skills to fill 2 or 3 rolls. Say Tank and a DPS roll. That means each of my chars needs a set of companion gear for each roll for each Companion, so thats up to 3 sets of gear sitting on each character. Or, I would need to switch to my char that has say the Tank set, to equip my companion and they switch back to the char I wanted to play that needs a Tank Companion. No sense.

Also, make this a little user friendly and a side note, how do we not have a full set of companion commands like /companion attack /companion stay here /companion follow?????

Lastly, trying to open backpacks and barrels for foraging with pets and companions is no small task. Find a way to fix this pls.

ANY ONE ELSE HAVE SUGESTIONS????
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That skimpy outfit i put on mirri has no pockets ..😏😇
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »

Lol
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to be able to change companion's hair styles, and put hats and helmets on them.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if each of my alts could have their companion in different outfit.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be able to activate levers and switches etc.

I should be able to tell them to stand still on a spot.
    They should be able to recognise AOE damage and move out of them.
    And when they have moved they should return to the spot I have told them to stand still on if it's safe.
    PS | EU
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    We should be able to adjust their fighting style. For example, I would love for them to be able to heavy attack.

Also, we should be able to dismiss them from talking to them, just like we can our bankers and merchants.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »

This is purely for the sake of immersion! Women are rarely provided garments with pockets because reasons.

:p
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally feel that they’ve been done quite well… I would like them to have at least 10 inventory slots for their own gear tho. But… when does the rapport slider move??? Like… I do everything I can to get Bastion to ‘like’ me but he just stays ‘cordial’…

I can see it’s going to be annoying fully levelling both tho…

Also, I’d LOVE a Khajiit companion….
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    Carrying own items would be very useful plus the ability to summon companions whilst mounted as well
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    Give me a mute option and stop my companion(s) from getting between me and stuff I need to interact with.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally feel that they’ve been done quite well… I would like them to have at least 10 inventory slots for their own gear tho. But… when does the rapport slider move??? Like… I do everything I can to get Bastion to ‘like’ me but he just stays ‘cordial’…

I can see it’s going to be annoying fully levelling both tho…

Also, I’d LOVE a Khajiit companion….
    You have to do the Mages Guild daily quests with him. Those provide a HUGE rapport boost, much more than normal things do. With Mirri it is Fighter's Guild quests instead of Mages.
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    when does the rapport slider move?

clicky
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirri just told me she's really happy she didn't have to carry that!
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SydneyGrey Thank you! I’ve only done one (boring).. but will get on with it. He will like me eventually :D
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't carry around gear to change into so I certainly don't expect my companions to.
    PCNA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus Titus Alessian pokes through Mad Urkazbur's hoard wrinkling his nose every time the icy wind off of Wrothgar's slopes carries the smell of rancid meat and ogre body odor with it.

"Hey!" Bastian exclaims, holding up a pair of boots in surprisingly good condition cosidering the likely fate of their previous owners. "Blue quality, quickened trait..." He strips off his left boot and tries the new one on, "It even fits! So much better than that white quality vendor trash that you bought for me."

They quickly gather the scholar's lost notes and the loose coin from the hoard. Then, as Marcus bundles it all together for his pack, Bastian tosses his old pair of boots into the pile. "I might want it later."

"If you want to keep it, you carry it." Marcus says. "You've got a backpack."

Bastian glances over one shoulder, then the other, at his conspicuously backpack-less backside. "You said you didn't want to buy the Antiquitarian's Field Garb for me. Or the Dungeon Explorer or the Treasure Hunter's armor, even though that's basically how you make your living."

"I didn't buy those because they'd get in the way of your shield, Mr. Sword&Board Man. Anyways, you've got a horse. Stick it in your saddlebags."

"My horse? Right, I've been meaning to talk about negotiating for an increase in pay, Marcus. If I'm going to start paying 200 gold a day so the stablemaster can train my horse to carry more loot home, I'm going to need you to chip in."

Marcus slowly begins to nod. "That's fair. When I was a new adventurer, I was constantly strapped for inventory space too. Good backpacks and spacious saddlebags cost a pretty penny. I can chip in." Packing the boots away, he adds, "One question though - "

Bastian cuts him off. "If it's about wearing a helmet? Absolutely not gonna happen." Smirking, he runs his fingers through his red hair, mussing it further. "I'm not sharing my barber either."

"Darn. Okay, then how much will it cost to get you to stand on pressure plates? Even Stibbo can do that!"
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 8, 2021 4:32PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I'd like to note that both Companions have backpacks in their promotional art.

5mac17.jpg
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I want at this point is to control how they roll dodge, currently its based on their equipped weapon, what I would like is to set the parameters myself. I would change Resto Staff to be the same as 1h + shield / Frost Staff to 25% health; Bow, Inferno, and Lightning Staff to be the same as two-handed / dual wield to 50% health. 75% health option would be nice too.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I'd like to note that both Companions have backpacks in their promotional art.

5mac17.jpg

Those are meant to symbolize their "emotional baggage". :D
    Edited by danno8 on September 8, 2021 5:44PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gods yes, please let them carry their own equipment.

I would prefer if Companions’ skills/set up were for each individual character but don’t think that will happen now. 😕
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Generally agree, but for some of the points discussed there are options.
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    Also, make this a little user friendly and a side note, how do we not have a full set of companion commands like /companion attack /companion stay here /companion follow?????

Not slash commands, but on PC you can hold down the Y key plus left click a target and that tells the companion to 'attack'. Hold Y plus right click a target tells companion 'stop fighting and come back'.

Heavy attacking automatically tells companions to attack the target of your heavy attack.

This is the same for pets like Sorcs and Warden Bear.
    Watchdog wrote: »
    I would be happy if each of my alts could have their companion in different outfit.

You can have a different appearance by character, if you use costumes. Costumes on the companion are based on your current character.
    PC NA
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, I like companions very much. As this newish addition to the game evolves, there are certainly some things I'd like to see:

I like the idea of a limited companion inventory to dramatically ease changing from one armor type to another. Changing skills to support differing roles is not really a problem as things are now.

I want my companion to join me in player-owned houses just like they join me in taverns - not as a placeable static houseguest that doesn't follow me around in my house or even join me vs a dummy for a dps check.

Love the idea mentioned above about some sort of a command modifier so companions can do emotes just like the player. Would love to have my companion play the lute so I could dance. Or join me if I sit down.

I agree with the oft asked for ability to show helms, hats, circlets on companions.

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano I <3 your little story posts!
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still wish that the companions as houseguests (same counts for the other houseguests) can carry out activities/emotes, not just standing around or walking around. I want to see Bastian sitting in an armchair, reading a book, cleaning the floor or see them sleeping in their beds.
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Little do we realise we are actually their companions and have sworn to carry their burdens

I mean, look at it seriously for a minute. You meet say Mirri with one of your characters; build rapport and she gains experience with you too. But, have another of your characters find her and she's still levelled (with the same gear mind you) but has to build rapport with this new companion she has...
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

You can have a different appearance by character, if you use costumes. Costumes on the companion are based on your current character.

That is exactly why I said Outfits, not Costumes. ;)

Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5mac17.jpg

Awesome!!!!
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5mac17.jpg

And will probably be for sale in the crown store in due course in increments of +5 inventory slots...

edit: per character, of course. Like outfits.
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on September 9, 2021 10:33PM
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5mac17.jpg

And will probably be for sale in the crown store in due course in increments of +5 inventory slots...

edit: per character, of course. Like outfits.

We will need access to all sets you buy on all companions, even what they are wearing. The way they have set this up is a pain. Im logging in and out to switch things around or you need to have a number of sets overlapping different roles taking up bank and bag space. My guess your right, we gonna have to pay to have this fixed.
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Generally agree, but for some of the points discussed there are options.
    Nanfoodle wrote: »

Not slash commands, but on PC you can hold down the Y key plus left click a target and that tells the companion to 'attack'. Hold Y plus right click a target tells companion 'stop fighting and come back'.

Heavy attacking automatically tells companions to attack the target of your heavy attack.

This is the same for pets like Sorcs and Warden Bear.

That was very helpful. I Googled this topic and found no useful info just people all saying the same thing =-)