Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Waking Flame and Update 31 Console Release Date Change"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
kbl339ltvva8.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article, "ESO: Waking Flame and Update 31 Console Release Date Change"

The Elder Scrolls Online: Waking Flame and Update 31 will now release on September 8 for consoles. Read more about this change below.
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    Will this affect the release date of the Year One event?
    Tam! RUGH!
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭

On Twitter they said the Year One Event will run from Thursday August 26 to Tuesday September 7.
  • frosty_117360
    frosty_117360
    ✭✭
    You delayed the next gen version of the game so that it had a "smooth launch" and it's still a disaster months later. The live game currently feels like a beta build. I don't mind delays if they actually fix issues, but is this additional week really going to fix the problems that have been plaguing the console versions for months? Forgive me for being skeptical.
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭

On Twitter they said the Year One Event will run from Thursday August 26 to Tuesday September 7.

Yes, I know. The event would've been after console release. I'd like to know if it's affected or not---my money's on not.
    Tam! RUGH!
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Will Ravenwatch be being reset when Waking Flame hits? It will be one week into the next campaign and the ruleset is going to change to no proc, so I'm curious if we'll get extra transmute coffers/it end early, or if it'll just continue as is?

Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • molso062
    molso062
    Soul Shriven
    Will Sweetwater Cascades be on console ?
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another "swing and a miss" for ZOS quality control.

Guess they need that extra week fix the zone/voice chat they said they fixed on the 27th of July, that is still just as broken as it was when Blackwood launch broke it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

No, the dates for the Year One Celebration are not affected by this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduced the frequency of Companion responsiveness to specific player behaviors, including crafting cheese-based dishes and interacting with bookshelves.

I have one question and one comment regarding this patch note.

This means that you will have to wait longer before doing these rapport increasing activities in order to benefit from them?

Could the same (cooldowns) apply to negative rapport efforts? It seems unusual that negative effects are always but positive effects are on timers. The best example is Mirri and the torchbugs. Rapport always decreases every time you do this. This forces harvesters to switch to another companion or put Mirri away.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention that the rapport loss is for even touching one of the bugs, not for harvesting it. I lose so much rapport from Mirri on accident. You can't even cancel the action and not harvest it, (catch and release) you lose rapport anyway. And the darn things are everywhere. Use a skyshard, grab a torchbug hiding in the beam instead. Jump an obstacle while mounted, get forcibly dismounted to grab the bug you didn't even see. Try to harvest one type of node, only to grab the bug you didn't see flying around the node.

Should be no rapport loss for catch and release, only for the actual harvest.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi. Is there any chance we could have confirmation before Wednesday's release of U31 for console that the Antiquities Codex bug and the items-disappearing-from-storage-chests bug seen on PC have been fixed and will not occur on consoles?

Thanks!

EDIT: oh, and will the changes to leads timers be explained in the patch notes?
    Edited by GenjiraX on September 4, 2021 2:47PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi. Is there any chance we could have confirmation before Wednesday's release of U31 for console that the Antiquities Codex bug and the items-disappearing-from-storage-chests bug seen on PC have been fixed and will not occur on consoles?

Thanks!

EDIT: oh, and will the changes to leads timers be explained in the patch notes?

Confirming the two bugs you mentioned will not occur on console with U31 launch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant! Thanks, Gina.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything in there to help with PS5 crashes?
    PS4 EU
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly would like to hear the studios thoughts on The Dark Convergence Online.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.

'We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.' ~ @ZOS_GinaBruno , nov 2018
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    lillybit wrote: »
    Is there anything in there to help with PS5 crashes?

Yes, we do have some crash fixes for PS5 in today's update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    Wow - on Xbox One Series X - my update this morning says it is 78.24 GB patch! I looked back at the PC patch for update 31 and they only had a 3.19 GB patch.

Also In the patch notes they usually list the GB size, but today they didn't. Is this 78.24 GB really the same for everyone (xbox and Playstation) or did my game get messed up somehow and is re-downloading the whole thing?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Wow - on Xbox One Series X - my update this morning says it is 78.24 GB patch! I looked back at the PC patch for update 31 and they only had a 3.19 GB patch.

Also In the patch notes they usually list the GB size, but today they didn't. Is this 78.24 GB really the same for everyone (xbox and Playstation) or did my game get messed up somehow and is re-downloading the whole thing?

We were seeing varying patch sizes depending on which console was being used, so we just removed that part for now so we could publish the patch notes sooner. Internally, we also saw ~78GB on the Series X specifically.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for letting me know. I'm glad that it is not something weird on my end :) And thank you for all the hard work you do with the detailed patch notes.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thank you for letting me know. I'm glad that it is not something weird on my end :) And thank you for all the hard work you do with the detailed patch notes.

Thank you so much for the kind words! :blush:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Arcon2825
    Arcon2825
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any word on fixes for crashes changing zones, leaving the CP menu, entering B'thar-zel on Xbox Series X? No changes regarding voice chat activation? Brightness settings will still not be saved and be reverted to default every time the game is closed?

Why are console patches still 10x - 24x the size of PC Patches? I‘ve been asking that question for almost 3 years now on the german forums and so far the result of the client optimization is pretty underwhelming. Is this still actively worked on, because that’s really a lot of stuff to download every time an update gets released.
    Edited by Arcon2825 on September 8, 2021 3:37PM
    Xbox EU
    CP 1400+:
    Laeleith - Magicka Sorcerer DD, Vampire
    Maryssía - Stamina Dragonknight Tank
    Thaleidria - Magicka Templar Healer
    Zemene - Magicka Necromant DD
    Poohie - Magicka Warden DD
    Elyveya - Stamina Nightblade DD
  • deleted220717-003304
    We were seeing varying patch sizes depending on which console was being used, so we just removed that part for now so we could publish the patch notes sooner. Internally, we also saw ~78GB on the Series X specifically.

Just as a heads-up, on my XBOX Series S it's currently downloading 78.24GB, so that's still a thing. If that's not intended, you may want to have a look at the patch. :)
    Edited by deleted220717-003304 on September 8, 2021 5:16PM