The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ps5 performance patch is missing the point - Serious performances issues-

Sfirita
Sfirita
Soul Shriven
Hello all,

I know that lot of people are experiencing massive framerates drop when in dungeons or trials or even in public dungeons, when running solo its locked to 60fps, but with other players and their spell effects and then you drop to 25-30 ...sometimes even 15.
This need to be posted, and trending cause its completelty unplayable..in sunspire its like a PowerPoint slideshow , on xbox series x it maintains a steady 55-60 fps even in stress scenarios,
Ps5 need a patch...asap.the whole point of a next gen upgrade is to enhance the experience and use the hardware's power, not the opposite, and eso is all about trials and dungeons, not solo.
What y'all think guys ?you have same problems ?, let me know in replies please.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also get frame rate drops in Rimmen around the crafting tables etc, not just in trials.

VMA is particularly horrendous - I only stuck with it for the double drops. A run on normal had no issues
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sfirita

Today we released Update 31, so please let us know if you see any improvements in performance after updating.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sfirita
    Sfirita
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Sfirita

Today we released Update 31, so please let us know if you see any improvements in performance after updating.

Hello there and thanks for your feedback,
    Well i was hoping it would but sadly no , i tried running normal dungeons (4 ppl) and its still the same, it gets so much stutering just by looking at ennemies on the screen when rotating the camera, which breaks the gameplay feels, its like the game's holding me off when i look arround every time theres an effect or an ennemy on screen...and the game crash now everytime when running city of ash 2.(i tested on both normal and veteran,performance mode)

I noticed a weird thing tho, when im affected by a speed buff , the game "unlocks" and becomes so much smoother even in tense scenarios while the buff is active, that might be a key indicator maybe,i dunno if fps is tied to animation keyframes like in all other bethesda games or not.

In summary, the performance mode on ps5 is not even close to be called a performance mode, i mean the fact that even the fidelity mode cant achieve locked 30fps on ps5 shows how much optimization is needed...i know its not a piece of cake optimizing such a huge game, but xbox series x is running fine on very tense scenarios ,and bethesda is now under microsoft's banner, so theres surely some shadow markering going on there..i just hope they'll fix the case for playstation players sooner than later.

Edit : i will also add that i dont play on 4k, so its not a resolution output problem that can be solved by dynamic resolution

Thanks again for taking time and replying bille !!
    Edited by Sfirita on September 11, 2021 9:44PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna see what my ps5 looks like in performance mode since the update?? I'm thinking you don't ... but I'm gonna show you.

I realize there are nameplates on - but it's not a "name and shame" video, it's because I want you to see what I see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwoL92yWHXQ
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cybee7mot973.jpg
    oqpwv82z6b7z.jpg
    id6l6ol4z28a.jpg
    havxfflis4su.jpg
    b6fs650inadf.jpg
    yf9rmubi780d.jpg

Just in case you needed still shots of it :)
  • Sfirita
    Sfirita
    Soul Shriven
    Rittings wrote: »
    cybee7mot973.jpg
    oqpwv82z6b7z.jpg
    id6l6ol4z28a.jpg
    havxfflis4su.jpg
    b6fs650inadf.jpg
    yf9rmubi780d.jpg

Wow ,
    I dont have that on my sessions, but i definitely get 15 fps doing anything in the game, even a memento's effect slows down the game, its a big joke in my.opinion, having to redownload the ps4 version and play in that hurrendous 30fps just because zos dont care about polishing ,instead they just re-port, unlock the framerate cap and ship it as it is. Try to switch to fidelity mode, which normaly should be locked 30 fps , well its.. 5 fps in dungeons 😆

[snip]

[Edited for Quitting]
    Edited by Psiion on September 12, 2021 8:13PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    cybee7mot973.jpg
    oqpwv82z6b7z.jpg
    id6l6ol4z28a.jpg
    havxfflis4su.jpg
    b6fs650inadf.jpg
    yf9rmubi780d.jpg

I have to say photo 4 is pretty funky!!

I'm not seeing anything like this on my PS5 in performance mode. Does it happen all the time? Just wondered if you have some dodgy texture files
    Soupy twist
  • fakingfocused
    fakingfocused
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the PS5 performance mode has not made any noticeable improvements. I could argue it almost seems worse.
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox version seems to be fine. Could this be as a result of Microsoft buying ZOS?
    Edited by SgtSilock on September 27, 2021 12:25PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any problems like that.
    Only problem I have is the bug in the Library of Arkthnaz something like that. In Markarth DLC. It crashes the game as soon as you enter.