The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyrodiil is empty and have almost nothing to offer

feniks31_ESO
feniks31_ESO
✭✭
I wonder whats the point of Cyrodiil? Except zerg pvp.
They said top craft reagents will be available in Cyrodiil only. But for now there is only ~50 lvl stuff.
There are some daily quest but whats the point? They was popular on beta since there was nothing to do after you finished 1s location but now whats the point of dailies?
There are also public dungeons but people only have a reason to go there once - skyshard and MAYBE to kill bosses and complete dungeon and thats all.
For now Cyrodiil for me is like a huge and empty BG and nothing more. I thought it will be a real pvp/pve zone with a plenty of things to do in but after completing all the dungeons and collecting all the skyshards there is nothing left to do there. I don't like zerg-pvp I prefer random kills on quests, resources, in dungeons.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you're mis-reading the tea-leaves .. maybe the zone is dead because there's little interest in PVP in this game, things like Skyshards are of course character progression, once that's done seems the lesson here is that PVP has no real part of the game.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is about PVP and there's always PvP for those who are actively looking for it. Unless you are on one of the unpopulated campaigns of course in which case it's just a very big and quite empty PvE zone.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the EU campaigns, I only see three fill up in EU prime time and those are the top three on the list.

The rest range from medium to completely empty.

I tried to level an alt in PvP but the XP is absolutely terrible. I managed to get to level 18 (including quests in Cyrodiil) and get my PvP rank to 9. I gave up, it was just so slow and painful.
  • Vivec
    Vivec
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    once that's done seems the lesson here is that PVP has no real part of the game.

Yes you're absolutely right. Makes you wonder why the hell they made a terrible MMO, as opposed to TES VI which would have been amazing.
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    They said top craft reagents will be available in Cyrodiil only.

I sure hope you misread or misinterpreted that because I hate PVP and have zero interest in travelling to Cyrodiil beyond perhaps picking up some sky shards, and that's only if I need them.

In my opinion it's impossible to mix PVP and RPG with good results. It seems to me that it almost always comes down to who has better gear, more people by their side, and the most OP ability. Rarely does it come down to skill and strategy, unless you count having better gear as skill and having more friends with you than the other guy has with them as strategy.
  • Nathano
    Nathano
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec wrote: »
    KerinKor wrote: »
    once that's done seems the lesson here is that PVP has no real part of the game.

Yes you're absolutely right. Makes you wonder why the hell they made a terrible MMO, as opposed to TES VI which would have been amazing.

ESO was developed by ZeniMax Online so will have no impact on the TES series which is developed by Bethesda.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    so you stay away from the full campaigns but then complain that its empty and devoid of life? also you said you dont enjoy the pvp but rather the pve components in cyrod. What is it do you expect us to say to that?

try a full campaign, believe me they are much more lively even staying away from zerg fests. Try your pve challenges there and then you will have your small pvp party fun as gank squads will find you but then again you said you didnt like pvp... .. nvm. that is why there is a huuuuuggggge map outside of cyrod to enjoy, ya know.. for pve

Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People is leveling, it is not possible to level in Cyrodiil, Cyrodiil is empty.

But you have a point: public dungeons are a joke (mobs are level 50 and i oneshot them at VR6), and resources are useless (wtf im gonna do with ebony?).
    Edited by Gisgo on April 28, 2014 12:26PM
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Or, the simplest answer is the best one, people are waiting to hit level 50+ before joining PvP. That's what me and most of my guild are doing.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a more active campaign?

Or there are quests, dungeons and plenty of other things to do in Cyrodiil that have nothing to do with PvP.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or there are quests, dungeons and plenty of other things to do in Cyrodiil that have nothing to do with PvP.

While this is true, the content should be higher level or scale or... i dunno but it feels lame to run lvl 50 quests with a veteran level character.
    I can kill most mobs by looking at them.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

While this is true, the content should be higher level or scale or... i dunno but it feels lame to run lvl 50 quests with a veteran level character.

Sooooo go there at VR1 instead of VR10? What was holding you back?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did join PvP at level 10, but now im not level 10 anymore.
    And how exactly i am supposed to delevel? :|

Edited by Gisgo on April 28, 2014 1:13PM
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

The quests are the most boring fetch/delivery type quests too. The "dungeons" are the same generic hallways as the rest of the game. Such low effort. I think people read about a feature and have this fantasy in their mind, but in reality the pve content in Cyro is abysmal.

Edited by Gohlar on April 28, 2014 1:16PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did join PvP at level 10, but now im not level 10 anymore.
    And how exactly i am supposed to delevel? :|

Ok, now I'm confused.

What level are you now?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »
    The quests are the most boring fetch type quests too. The "dungeons" are the same generic hallways as the rest of the game. Such low effort. I think people read about a feature and have this fantasy in their mind, but in reality the pve content in Cyro is abysmal.

Yeah im taking the fetch quests as an opportunity to hunt players that are running the same quests, and being greedy i appreciate the 300gold reward.
    Again the PvE part of Cyrodiil isnt bad per se (in fact i like it) but needs a bit of tuning, maybe in a few months when everyone will be at a higher level.

Edited by Gisgo on April 28, 2014 1:24PM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, now I'm confused.

What level are you now?

VR 7 close to 8.

• jamescthomasb14_ESO
    I recommend if you think Cryodiil is empty wait until peak hours and join in on large large pvp.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    There has been no effort from any staff to communicate anything in regards to Cyradiil.
    The only thing we find is in the patch notes, and so far those have not been received well.

I have had friends quit the game over the lack of communication and PVP interest from the staff, it just seems like they don't care about it, well maybe in the smallest of margins.

People still have long loading screens and crash's and no fixes for it.
    Not sure how many crash reports i'v sent.

Towers give very little exp for people to level off.
    The EXP from kills is distributed horribly in groups.
    The only thing you can find about leveling in PVP is a Q&A that says basically nothing, other than "if no people then no exp" but the EXP is so very minor that it makes no difference.
    Unless you go out and try to solo fight, and little gank squads, which could all be nerfed come the aoe patch nerf, where zergs will win and the biggest populated faction is king.

Cyradiil needs some TLC, everyone seems to be involved, but they find it very lackluster in character development and activity, what with dealing with the boring quests that give crap for exp, and the PVE pubs for that one time skyshard and boss kill that gives.. LEVEL 50 ITEMS.

The patch notes said they would be raising the NPC level's and loot, but then the low level people will struggle as they hide behind that fail buff that you get for being below level 50.
    Edited by awkwarrd on April 28, 2014 1:33PM
  • saddie0412
    saddie0412
    Soul Shriven
    As far as i understand, Cyrodil will be scaled up to VR5 in the next patch. Everything is currently set to Level 50.

This means all guards and pve content will be increased to VR5 (im sure this will get scaled up again to VR10 as soon as more players level up).

That being said, im not sure how/if this change would affect the loot tables in pve delves within cyrodil.

Hopefully they create a Darkness Falls style dungeon in the middle. Seems that this is on the table, as there are three access points to the city currently guarded/inaccessible.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Or, the simplest answer is the best one, people are waiting to hit level 50+ before joining PvP. That's what me and most of my guild are doing.

This describes me; I have a lvl 27 character and I've tried the PvP in Cyrodiil and loved it, but I want to level higher so I have a more developed character when I commit.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure if you run around enemy lines, you'll find some new 'friends'.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder whats the point of Cyrodiil? Except zerg pvp.
    They said top craft reagents will be available in Cyrodiil only. But for now there is only ~50 lvl stuff.
    There are some daily quest but whats the point? They was popular on beta since there was nothing to do after you finished 1s location but now whats the point of dailies?
    There are also public dungeons but people only have a reason to go there once - skyshard and MAYBE to kill bosses and complete dungeon and thats all.
    For now Cyrodiil for me is like a huge and empty BG and nothing more. I thought it will be a real pvp/pve zone with a plenty of things to do in but after completing all the dungeons and collecting all the skyshards there is nothing left to do there. I don't like zerg-pvp I prefer random kills on quests, resources, in dungeons.

People aren't PvPing because only a very small percentage of players having gotten 50 and VR5+.

I know I won't bother with PvP again until either:

A ) The rewards are increased DRAMATICALLY,

B ) I hit level 50 VR5+.
    Edited by Kiash on April 28, 2014 2:58PM
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • feniks31_ESO
    feniks31_ESO
    ✭✭
    When I say "empty" I mean it literally empty. We have 5 towns with quests, a bunch of dungeons and the whole empty map without any mobs or something.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I say "empty" I mean it literally empty. We have 5 towns with quests, a bunch of dungeons and the whole empty map without any mobs or something.

We must be running a different client... theres a ruin/cave/dungeon/village/dolmen every fifteen steps.

• Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    Thunder wrote: »
    They said top craft reagents will be available in Cyrodiil only.

I sure hope you misread or misinterpreted that because I hate PVP and have zero interest in travelling to Cyrodiil beyond perhaps picking up some sky shards, and that's only if I need them.

In my opinion it's impossible to mix PVP and RPG with good results. It seems to me that it almost always comes down to who has better gear, more people by their side, and the most OP ability. Rarely does it come down to skill and strategy, unless you count having better gear as skill and having more friends with you than the other guy has with them as strategy.

I could not agree with you more.

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the EU campaigns, I only see three fill up in EU prime time and those are the top three on the list.

The rest range from medium to completely empty.

I tried to level an alt in PvP but the XP is absolutely terrible. I managed to get to level 18 (including quests in Cyrodiil) and get my PvP rank to 9. I gave up, it was just so slow and painful.

There are 4 campaigns on EU that fill up (padlock) daily, then we have another which has 1 faction padlock other two medium. The rest are pretty much dead.

Personally i only go to Cyrodiil for the PvP. Yet i wouldn't mind seeing more dungeons,quests and mobs added to the land in Cyrodiil.