Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix Lag.

Plodeoca
Plodeoca
✭✭✭
Just another "fix lag" Post.

[snip]

-Groups of 12 means less guilds enjoying pvp and cyrodiil tactics.

-No-Proc sets (or only a part of them) means you don't force exclusive pvp players to enjoy the pve side. [snip]

-Constant changes and live tests just keep players away.

ZOS, as a manager myself, I am telling you, after playing since day one, You have token the wrong way.

It's better you make Cyrodiil a PVE zone and remove definitely the " Promise " Of a great open area war with incredible siege machines [snip]

[snip]

[edited for bashing & rude/insulting comments]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 5, 2021 1:05PM
  • Klabbath
    Klabbath
    I'd say pointless to argue, anyone who looks around a little can see where the focus is going. Just let the sleeping dog lie.
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 5, 2021 1:06PM
    PC - EU
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it gets to the point where they are changing how a single glyph (Prismatic Onslaught) functions and touting it as a performance improvement, you know there will never be a real solution for the lag, desynchs, and dysfunctionality of Cyrodiil.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty shameless how far Cyrodiil has fallen even in just the last year.

I love how they didn't even have an in-game announcement that proc sets no longer work in Ravenwatch. So disrespectful to the players.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have lagged less than ever this year...
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Klabbath wrote: »
    I'd say pointless to argue, anyone who looks around a little can see where the focus is going. Just let the sleeping dog lie.

I don't think that dog is sleeping. It's been lying there in the same position for so long I don't think sleeping is the right term anymore.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new sets are having a very marked impact on performance in cyrodiil already, and it's very not good. Anyone who reads the tool tip on any one of these new sets can see immediately what a flood of calculations even one wearer of these sets creates. It's likely going to crash the servers when more people start using them.

FPS is better with the multi threading....but what was the delay on that anyway? Hyperthreading has been a thing since 2002. Lag and bugs are back with a vengeance anyway, and it's going to get really ugly most likely when these new sets are used more universally.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    The new sets are having a very marked impact on performance in cyrodiil already, and it's very not good. Anyone who reads the tool tip on any one of these new sets can see immediately what a flood of calculations even one wearer of these sets creates. It's likely going to crash the servers when more people start using them.

Yes, it's telling indeed when they are whittling away at minor things the players have enjoyed for years as "performance improvements", but at the same time flooding the servers with these mega-calculating sets. Our group got hit today by a group stacking Dark Convergence and Rush of Agony sets on a resource with all guards spawned, and the slide show lag was unparalleled.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plodeoca wrote: »
    Just another "fix lag" Post.

[snip]

-Groups of 12 means less guilds enjoying pvp and cyrodiil tactics.

-No-Proc sets (or only a part of them) means you don't force exclusive pvp players to enjoy the pve side. [snip]

-Constant changes and live tests just keep players away.

ZOS, as a manager myself, I am telling you, after playing since day one, You have token the wrong way.

It's better you make Cyrodiil a PVE zone and remove definitely the " Promise " Of a great open area war with incredible siege machines [snip]

[snip]

Good luck

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 5, 2021 1:09PM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need them to spend more resources towards the issue of constant bugs that are never fixed and the unplayable lag. They tried all of those different draconian tests for a year and none of it worked. Performance has only gotten worse and the bugs have multiplied. Now these new over powered sets that everyone has to run are only causing worse performance and frequent position desyncs.
    Edited by SimonThesis on September 6, 2021 4:41PM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox, even the PvE areas are performing terribly. Especially during an event. It's atrocious.

There is definitely something going on. Hopefully there's a plan.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been asking them for almost 7 years now, it will never happen.
  • SalamanNZ
    SalamanNZ
    ✭✭✭
    I went into Cyrodil at 4am EDT. And the lag was horrendous. There were no full factions and Daggerfall was owning almost everything. It was embarrassing as I spammed whirlwind as my only means to attack hoping I was hitting someone