The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question on Normal vs. Vet 4 man Dungeon Loot

MrTarkanian48
MrTarkanian48
✭✭✭✭
I have been away from the game for 5 years and just wondering how the loot works between normal and vet? I scrolled through several pages but didn't see anything related to this recently. I have about 700 CP and I am trying to update numerous builds.

1) If I am trying to complete a 5 piece set from a particular dungeon (Titan from Icereach), is the gear level CP 160 in both normal and vet, or only vet?
2) Are the drop chances of getting a piece different between normal and vet for the 5 piece sets? Im not as concerned with the Monster Helm.

Just wondering what the advantages are from farming the gear in one mode vs. the other. I used to run vet dungeons on a regular basis (all roles), but I'm rusty and most my friends who I played with before have quit the game, so I'm kind of dreading doing dungeon finder for vet if I don't need to.

Thanks
Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
Altmer NB (DPS)
Imperial DK (Tank)
Redguard DK (DPS)
Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are farming for non-monster gear, the drop rates for weapons and armor are the same, as far as we know. The loot you get will always be scaled to you, i.e. CP 160. Normal will be blue quality. Veteran will be purple.

Now, if you are farming and want to ask your groupmates if they'll consider giving you pieces, be aware that their loot will scale to them. Icereach is a DLC dungeons which I believe requires CP 160 to unlock on Veteran difficulty, so if you want to guarantee that everyone is at least CP 160 so you can equip it right away, it might be better to run on Vet. On the other hand, I don't think that reconstruction has a level requirement, so if you want to reconstruct the item, I think you should be able to obtain it at any level and reconstruct it at CP 160, in which case you could run the normal difficulty.
    Answer ✓
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is one difference: Chests in vet Dungeons / Raids have higher difficulty on average and therefore a slightly higher chance to drop the weapon you want.
    But even with that farming on normal will in general still be faster.
    Answer ✓
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    HM in a vet dungeon means more loot from final boss. If you farm weapons, HM vet dungeon makes sense for experienced players.
    Vet or normal doesn't matter in cause of armor farming and normal dungeon is faster.
    A veteran without HM doesn't make sense for farming.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    HM in a vet dungeon means more loot from final boss. If you farm weapons, HM vet dungeon makes sense for experienced players.
    Vet or normal doesn't matter in cause of armor farming and normal dungeon is faster.

HM only means 2 Undaunted keys instead of 1, and 5 transmute crystals instead of 3, if you happen to be doing it as one of the daily pledges. It makes no difference to the amount of set pieces that drop from the boss.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can now craft, upgrade, trade and reconstruct rings and necklaces. Upgrading blue ring/necklace to purple is expensive, so some people farm vet dungeons solely for the purpose of purple loot. You can also trade dungeon loot between team members.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »

HM only means 2 Undaunted keys instead of 1, and 5 transmute crystals instead of 3, if you happen to be doing it as one of the daily pledges. It makes no difference to the amount of set pieces that drop from the boss.

There are a few DLC dungeons - Stone Garden, Black Drake Villa, and I think both of the two newest - where each boss has a hard mode, and will drop 2 set pieces on hard mode.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭

I haven't tested it that much, but ...
    When we farmed worm ice staff, we went HM to drop us two weapons.