The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Good job ZoS with Hrothgar and Dark Convergence

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
Now everybody can be good at PvP. No need to learn to use skills.

Your typical death recap in a very laggy environment where roll dodge /break free are just a chimera.

nxdwXuK.png

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 1, 2021 3:44PM
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously don't get what is up with these devs. Cyrodill is already a laggy mess where break free, dodge and everything else doesn't work a lot of the time and so they decide to add a set that does a AOE, pull, stun and good damage all at the same time for spamming AOE's, which were already being spammed anyway. The last few days I've had nothing more then being pulled from one Dark Convergence to another while being able to jack frick against it due to performance that was already something to cry about for years now.

Just when I thought I could have some fun in pvp again they add this stuff that makes it almost unplayable.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the devs gave us what we asked for and its working good.
    that set is exactly what we have been asking for, for Years.
    the set is designed to break up Large groups and zergs and it is working finaly.

spread out away from Large groups and zergs and the set wont kill your character.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    the set is designed to break up Large groups and zergs

In small battlegrounds, the Dark Converence set is a complete nightmare. You have 5 or 6 players running this set it's nothing but constant aoe pulls and snares. Very annoying.
    PC NA
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

In small battlegrounds, the Dark Converence set is a complete nightmare. You have 5 or 6 players running this set it's nothing but constant aoe pulls and snares. Very annoying.

Yeah it is really annoying in bgs. I'm glad sets exist to burst big ball groups. In bgs it's sooooooo dumb.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Meh, honestly it's not that bad in bg, it's annoying but you can easily escape and fight back
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the set is designed to break up Large groups and zergs and it is working finaly.

spread out away from Large groups and zergs and the set wont kill your character.

We asked to fix broken mechanic not for a set that does 12k of damage just by pressing a button.
    I think you are missing the fact that Dark Convergence is more and more used by Ball Groups so the things are just getting worse.

And being near zerg or large groups has nothing to do with them. Go do some BGs and see what is happening.
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭

if by "working" you mean:

"If literally all the pvp players quit the game, there technically wont be any group fights or lag"

you're absolutely right. Have fun in solo pve cyrodiil lmao
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"If literally all the pvp players quit the game, there technically wont be any group fights or lag"

Not being a fanboi here, as I will come down on a game as quick as anyone for screwing up... but until I don't have a 20-60 person queue to get into Cyro like last night and every night since the patch, your words really don't carry much weight. I had lower queues before the patch, so it is apparently dragging people into Cyro, not the opposite. Yes, a lot of that may simply be the post patch curiosity, but it does completely negate what you posted. Maybe come back in 3-4 months after everything settles and everyone that is going to try that next great game decides if they want to stick with it or return, then we will see how things played out.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They really didnt gave us what we've asked for. They gave us twisted version of it.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    axi wrote: »

They really didnt gave us what we've asked for. They gave us twisted version of it.

It is much akin to having a genie grant your wish... it generally doesn't play out how you thought.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    axi wrote: »

It is much akin to having a genie grant your wish... it generally doesn't play out how you thought.

Ah the old 'monkey's paw'. They have been pulling that quite a bit as of late.

Dont like the grind for CP 2.0 and think it should be halved? Good idea, we will halve all the passive stars!

Don't like overtuned proc-sets? Fine we will disable every set that isnt pure stats for 6 3 months!
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Not being a fanboi here, as I will come down on a game as quick as anyone for screwing up... but until I don't have a 20-60 person queue to get into Cyro like last night and every night since the patch, your words really don't carry much weight. I had lower queues before the patch, so it is apparently dragging people into Cyro, not the opposite. Yes, a lot of that may simply be the post patch curiosity, but it does completely negate what you posted. Maybe come back in 3-4 months after everything settles and everyone that is going to try that next great game decides if they want to stick with it or return, then we will see how things played out.

Which campaign were you playing in? Blackreach has been pop locked lately but I'm pretty sure that's because a lot of the No-CP guilds changed campaigns so they could play with proc sets.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    As a stam sorc with snow treaders, hist sap and hrothgar i think i adapted well to the patch lets me run streak instead too for that aoe hrothgar proc. When i get pulled it i block cast streak and then i see my way out.
  • CharlieFreak
    CharlieFreak
    ✭✭✭
    I keep hearing this over and over: "stay away from the zerg and you'll be fine". That's nonsense. All you need for this to kill you is to be near ONE player who is very tanky and you're going to get slapped hard.

I am solo most of the time, and get hit all the time for 10k-17k while trying to take a flag in IC or BG. How do you suppose you can focus down a single player while also staying 8 meters from all allies? Isn't it ridiculous to think that everyone should fight a different enemy and stay far from each other?

The whole concept is flawed. I don't think I should be penalized because some guy with high resists runs up to help me take the flag or fight an enemy and he gets us both killed.

Right now it feels like my whole gameplay revolves around being sucked in, and dodge rolling out of convergence over and over while trying to heal through multiple giant hits of Hrothgar. Everyone is running one of these sets now, it seems.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    It means class abilities don't matter.

What this is, is essentially a meta where every class is a bomber, and it can be done with any aoe skill, at any distance, without any changing of bars. Mag or stam.

I can't play ic or cyrodiil for more than 30 minutes without wanting to find something else to do, and I haven't talked to anyone who thinks this is good. Plaguebreak was good at least. This is a 250 point destro ulti with instant cast, unlimited range, 3x crowd control, multiplying damage, and a snare, for free. With literally any ground aoe.

I feel like I'm in a social experiment, because this is too poorly thought through to just be ironic, cuz it certainly can't be a serious idea for even partial permanent inclusion in the game.

Anyway. Trying to track people down to do new pve content instead. Please fix. smdh
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means class abilities don't matter.

What this is, is essentially a meta where every class is a bomber, and it can be done with any aoe skill, at any distance, without any changing of bars. Mag or stam.

I wouldn't say it is as good as bombing, particularly because the sets, while strong when buggy or in lag, turn completely lackluster otherwise unless a faction is stacking them. AD and EP on PC NA are really stacking those sets hard and running in a faction stack.

Even while doing that, they aren't as successful as they would be if they weren't praying for a set to do all the work for them and used proper bombers.

That said, everytime the set pulls me more than once (I've seen up to 4 times), dark convergence procs on itself, dark convergence procs on a player that respawned at the base when the keep is lit or in BG base (not supposed to happen), or Hrothgar hits me alone with only 8k resists for 39k-44k, I really think the sets are better becoming a part of ESO's history in the dustbin.

Have to admit, its great fun wiping out people attempting to cheese with it though. Would be better if the set couldn't pull you from the inner back wall of a keep all the way outside to the lit FD because some loser is abusing shadow image and the set.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this set is VERY easy to counter, and if you know what your doing it very rarely kills you, every pvp player worth their salt should already be running a cc counter and at very least slippery from cp tree, the set is not broken, there are those that no how to use it most effectively and those that never see it coming.
    block is also a basic and useful tool many players forget to use
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this set is VERY easy to counter, and if you know what your doing it very rarely kills you, every pvp player worth their salt should already be running a cc counter and at very least slippery from cp tree, the set is not broken, there are those that no how to use it most effectively and those that never see it coming.

The set can CC more than once, and when it does, you cannot move at all or use skills most of the time ;) That is the real reason why it's become popular over the other two options. It bugs out and it does it reliably.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The set can CC more than once, and when it does, you cannot move at all or use skills most of the time ;) That is the real reason why it's become popular over the other two options. It bugs out and it does it reliably.

ive never had a problem escaping it, maybe ive just been lucky
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have to admit, its great fun wiping out people attempting to cheese with it though. Would be better if the set couldn't pull you from the inner back wall of a keep all the way outside to the lit FD because some loser is abusing shadow image and the set.

…. wait …. does the night blade pet proc dark convergence?!
    Edited by hexnotic on September 4, 2021 9:18AM
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭

The set usually doesn't get the kb, a properly timed dodge roll, in ideal lag situations, or well placed immovability potion/poison, or something more extreme can deal with it well.

The issue is that a fairly balanced meta now has every AOE also do a snare, 2 pulls, a stun, very high damage, and damage that multiplies based on players. So, any player that already had an aoe in their toolkit, which is many, now gets an extra 3x CC, snare, that can deal a KB's amount of damage if not avoided perfectly, *stacking* on top of whatever that ability did in the first place.

When I use the cursed thing, I use it with caltrops, as the stronger snare takes priority, so the 30% snare turns to a 50% snare. Ash cloud gives a 70%. Permafrost, which doesn't directly proc is, is prebuffable, with a 10 meter radius, instead of the measly 8 meter radius of dark convergence, and dropping a circle of protection at your location, or just hitting stampede and jumping to a specific person, lets you trigger the thing whereever you want.

CC wouldn't be a mech, and CC immunity wouldn't be a thing, if it didn't give a player the advantage of allowing them to use other abilities. With this set, it creates an effect stronger than any ulti I'm aware of, for free, every 20 seconds, while allowing the player to continue on running their rotation.

Running dark convergence is like a required mechanic now. Like if someone were to say they've figured out a build that performs well consistently, but doesn't include a CC or a disable, or a snare, or a gap close, I'd probably want a good explanation of how that works in the flow of combat.

Destro ulti stacks with it even lol, which was my original comparison.