The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Class change token

Winstonshead
Winstonshead
✭✭✭
Hi, I think it's will be very nice to have class change token in store.
Like we already have skilllines for crowns.
EU: Winstonshead
MD-ESO [RU]
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a very bad idea to sell class change tokens in the store for crowns. (There’s a lot to unpack but one of them would obviously be PTW for PVP’ers under certain unknowable circumstances.)

If class change were Earnable in game, it would most likely be tied to Hermaeus Mora and the Oghma Infinium in a future Major Content Drop a few years down the track.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Winstonshead
    Winstonshead
    ✭✭✭
    PTW for PVP’ers under certain unknowable circumstances.)
    PVP'ers can play on other character now.
    EU: Winstonshead
    MD-ESO [RU]
  • shezof
    shezof
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a very bad idea to sell class change tokens in the store for crowns. (There’s a lot to unpack but one of them would obviously be PTW for PVP’ers under certain unknowable circumstances.)

If class change were Earnable in game, it would most likely be tied to Hermaeus Mora and the Oghma Infinium in a future Major Content Drop a few years down the track.

no it wouldnt be bad. majority of players want it. its just a matter of time before ZoS implements it.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer an account-wide achievement list instead of a class change token. After all. the only significant reason for class change is the achievements earned.

shezof wrote: »

no it wouldnt be bad. majority of players want it. its just a matter of time before ZoS implements it.

We have no information to suggest a majority of players want this. The only possible clue we could have would be a forum poll and that is meaningless since most that would respond would be ones interested in the idea.

Heck, a majority of players could probably care less about this as they have rolled alts and have an army of characters they enjoy playing. This is fairly common with players in MMORPGs.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All serious PvPers have already at least one characther for every class
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see a class change token. My characters include mag and stam versions of NB and Templar. The mages I love, the stams I dislike and are retired as I don't enjoy them. Respeccing the stams is irrelevant since I already have mags of the same. So the retired pair of stams simply sit there unused. Leveling a different class to 50 is nothing. What I'm loathe to repeat on alts is 6 months of horse training, and skill lines such as FG, MG, undaunted, psiiic, antiquities, support crafting for gathering efficiency and potion/food duration, skyshards, wayshrines to navigate all zones, full questing for skill points, etc. I would love to class change those two unused characters and try a different class/spec combo but will not start a new alt.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Just abolish classes and let us choose 9 class-originated abilities:

The breakdown:
    1 crowd control or debuff
    1 armor+resistance buffs (or evasion)
    1 damage shield
    3 healing or stat buffs
    2 damage dealing
    1 Execute

2 Ults

Make all abilities viable, then there will be a place for every ability, and there won't be an "only meta" group of skills.

I'd personally make a hybrid character with~

Crowd control:
    • Eclipse (stun only)

Resistance buffs:
    • Dark Cloak (resistance buff only)

Shield:
    • Obsidian Shield

Healing:
    • Path of Darkness (Refreshing path morph)
    • Artic Wind (No crowd control)
    • Lotus

Damage:
    • Cripple
    • Grim Focus

Execute:
    • Impale

Ult:
    • Negate Magic
    • Healing Grove

But I know they would have to rebalance everything and players hate change in this game, even if it makes the game have more variety/mix, and even if it's balanced. The older players just hate having to relearn things.

This would make it like a true elder scrolls game. Classes won't define the skills you can learn. And you could respec for different skills, but you can never have all damage shields, all the heals, all the buffs, etc.
    Edited by Syrpynt on September 3, 2021 7:57PM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    Just abolish classes and let us choose 9 class-originated abilities:

The breakdown:
    1 crowd control or debuff
    1 armor+resistance buffs (or evasion)
    1 damage shield
    3 healing or stat buffs
    2 damage dealing
    1 Execute

2 Ults

Make all abilities viable, then there will be a place for every ability, and there won't be an "only meta" group of skills.

I'd personally make a hybrid character with~

Crowd control:
    • Eclipse (stun only)

Resistance buffs:
    • Dark Cloak (resistance buff only)

Shield:
    • Obsidian Shield

Healing:
    • Path of Darkness (Refreshing path morph)
    • Artic Wind (No crowd control)
    • Lotus

Damage:
    • Cripple
    • Grim Focus

Execute:
    • Impale

Ult:
    • Negate Magic
    • Healing Grove

But I know they would have to rebalance everything and players hate change in this game, even if it makes the game have more variety/mix, and even if it's balanced. The older players just hate having to relearn things.

This would make it like a true elder scrolls game. Classes won't define the skills you can learn. And you could respec for different skills, but you can never have all damage shields, all the heals, all the buffs, etc.

Abilities are one thing, but IMHO more important are passives, therefore i don't think that selection of particular skills would be a good option. Bah, even whole trees... That could lead to some pathologies as jabs-assassin-sorcerer with massive bonuses to crit & dmg ^^

So classes are relatively good balanced as they are now. Just let us change them from time to time :p
    Edited by Ippokrates on September 3, 2021 9:19PM