The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Removal of Pelinal's Aptitude

Nebs
Nebs
✭✭✭✭
Pelinal's Wrath looks like it'll be a fun set, but I'm really disappointed it came at the cost of Pelinal's Aptitude. The adjustments made to close the gap for hybrid builds is nice, but Aptitude brought over the Weapon Damage enchantments on my Infused jewelry.

I appreciate there not having to be a go-to set for many hybrid builds, but there not being any options for boosting Weapon and Spell damage on jewelry has hit my build hard. That jewelry wasn't cheap and the cost of rebuilding my hybrid won't be either. It's nice when we Skill refunds for dramatic changes, but how about a full refund for breaking down this set I won't be using?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Crap, didn't see that.

nevermind....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jewelry enchants (specifically damage enchants) are one of the very few places that hasn't been homogenized. And that's perfectly okay, because if literally everything was homogenized than pure builds would be pointless.

I completely agree with you that changing the old set served no purpose. It was a unique set and no harm at all would have come from leaving it in the game.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am really beginning to hate all these "stacks of crap" sets.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I am really beginning to hate all these "stacks of crap" sets.
    ^
    QFE
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people keep complaining maybe they'll reintroduce the old 5 piece bonus as a mythic.

I personally don't think aptitude is worth running as a 5 piece set anyway. At one point in time sure, but with all the options now for hybrids old aptitude leaves a lot out on the table with it's weak 2, 3 and 4 piece bonuses. But as a mythic it could be worth a look.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people keep complaining maybe they'll reintroduce the old 5 piece bonus as a mythic.

Now that is an interesting idea. Especially since I don't use many mythics...still don't have the mount completed
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a mythic the 5pc would be Fab. as a normal 5pc set with all the junk we have now that basically gives hybrid stats? nty. its a decent change. dunno abut its usefulness in pvp but I feel like it could be strong in dungeons or places with a dedicated healer.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Complain away I shall then!

In all seriousness, this is a really good idea that ZOS should consider when planning mythic items to be introduced in the Q4 DLC.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like a mythic item to replace pelinal's old effect.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a mythic item to replace pelinal's old effect.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we kick this up the chain? This would be amazing.
  • Nebs
    Nebs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not getting any dev notes on the removal of the old set does make me feel like it wasn't removed because they didn't like it or it was causing problems somehow, just removed it because it wasn't widely used - and flavor maybe?
    I really like the idea of reintroducing it as a mythic. Fingers crossed. 😁🤞
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebs wrote: »
    I really like the idea of reintroducing it as a mythic. Fingers crossed. 😁🤞

Me three!!
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't make old Pelenial's into a mythic because that would be too tyrannical for players not running hybrid builds.

You know and I know exactly what kinds of builds will start popping up, and they aren't exactly balanced.

Considering on live right now you can build broken hybrids for PvP, there will be a huge backlash against the mythic.

That being said, the lack of space on the skill bar being the ultimate limit for any hybrids out there, might just limit it enough to not be too tyrannical...
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This change basically killed my hybrid Templar.

The thought of building one now with basically an entire bar full of buffs to achieve what I could do with a fraction of that before has really taken the shine off this game for me. She was so much fun to play. I would get major sorcery from rattle cage, then pair it with terminals so that I could have bars full of skills I actually wanted to use instead of boring buffs. Now I need to use for skills where are used only need two to get the two criticals.

The Templar doesn’t have built-in major brutality or sorcery, we have to get it from guild and weapon lines, the amount of space it takes up his ludicrous! Spell power potions are not an option because you need the three stat potions when playing a hybrid unless your gods gift to gaming!

This one change has done more to put me off this game then pretty much anything else in recent memory, I’m finding it really difficult to justify logging into a game where the way I want to play is affectively dead, and don’t start with this “oh, ZOS is hybridising everything business,” that is utterly meaningless to a class that has to put two skills on the bar just to get a 20% damage across the board now!
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a thread on the pts protesting this. It had a ton of support but zos never even acknowledged it.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don’t like reminding when they’ve done something really silly, like take a set that was perfect for what it did and turn it into something completely useless for everything in general.
  • SwoopIM
    SwoopIM
    ✭✭✭
    Also had a hybrid templar built around Pelenials. They ruined it. Running NMA now for the moment. I thought ZOS was trying to encourage hybrid builds and they took they best hybrid armor set and screwed it up (IMO). ZOS... Sigh!
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twice born star too should be mythic its perfect set for mythic but not as 5pc
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain what possible -use- the new Pelinal's has? I don't see it and think it's a poor design and junk now compared to other options.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Can someone please explain what possible -use- the new Pelinal's has? I don't see it and think it's a poor design and junk now compared to other options.

Its literally a set for farming trash mobs in dungeons, or overland mobs, grinding CP etc. Aka pretty useless because you can do those things with any set.

I hate sets that require you to kill something for their bonuses..
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    set is not totally bad, but only thing to maintain the 10 stacks its a pain you have to be able to constantly kills, which is almost impossible, wish it was stacking like 5 times but with higher increments.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had the equivalent of 2-3 sets of pelinals's aptitude crafted for use across multiple alts and now they are rotting in the bag of some mule. 😯
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should have just updated the 2 through 4 piece bonuses and been done with it.

Weapon/spell damage, health, critical rating. Or something like that.

I haven't used pelinals for a hybrid build in a long time just because overall what you get with it just stinks.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »

I hate sets that require you to kill something for their bonuses..

Exactly, the logic is:

• Run 2 sets that increase dps to kill enemies faster
    or
    • Run 1 dps increase set, and use 4/5 slots until you killed the first enemy (not your allies, and while you struggled all the way because you are short a 2nd dps bonus slot bc nothing has died yet)

The latter is cumbersome when starting fights.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now u know why they killed pelinal’s aptitude.