Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dual wield weapons disappearing

khyrkat
khyrkat
✭✭✭✭
As in title, when swapping from bow to dual daggers on my nb, daggers disappear, /reloadui randomly helps, randomly not, I'm frankly not into spending time in eternal loading screens to relog entirely so yeah, invisible weapons, yay. Absolutely amazed how these bugs are being overlooked.
Luckily, crown store working perfectly, yay.
Edited by khyrkat on September 2, 2021 7:56PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @khyrkat. Thanks for letting us know about the bug. You can also use /bug in-game to note the bug you are experiencing as well. That will give us more information incase there is something else triggering the daggers to disappear.

Please let us know if this issue persists and we can get the issue to our teams to look at. Thank you.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happening when you swap from destro staff to dual wield too, one of my chars experiencing since months, usually few swap back and fort fast in a row make them appear again.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same happens with sword and board all the time - if you jump your gear is on/under the floor.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this is an old glitch that has been around for years, rather than a new one. If you go to settings/gameplay and select hide Polymorph helmet and reload your weapons should stay where they are meant to. It was some problem with costumes I believe, I complained years ago about a nightblade I had that wore the bathing suit and they fixed it for that one costume, but not the others. The solution above fixed it.
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    This happens Also with 2h weapons (this behaviour was trigger ed with 2h swords and bow on me), I have them paired with dual wield or Sword and board on 2 different characters, and isn't something related to polymorph or costumes since my both characters wear Just their outfit with different colors.

Weapons, on weapon swaps, appears flat on the ground, so far this seems to happen only with 2h weapons paired with other weapons on me, the 2h was Always on the ground while the other set of weapon/weapons was ok.

PS: this wierd behaviour happend Also without a custom outfit equipped on me (so Just with the normal armor equipped during levelling). Always with 2h melee or bow.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is an old glitch that has been around for years, rather than a new one. If you go to settings/gameplay and select hide Polymorph helmet and reload your weapons should stay where they are meant to. It was some problem with costumes I believe, I complained years ago about a nightblade I had that wore the bathing suit and they fixed it for that one costume, but not the others. The solution above fixed it.

Yeah, this is another old bug that resurfaced with U31. It's purely visual but still very annoying. I haven't tried with costumes or a polymorph on, but it's happening on all weapon types. It seems to be related to how soon I weapon swap after loading into a new instance (such as by porting or loading from house into world or vice versa). I'll drop a bug report in game next time it happens, and also try the hide Polymorph helmet as a temporary fix.
    PC NA
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    But have you selected the hide polymorph helmet option to see if it fixed the problem? it might be a different cause, but the solution might still be the same.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    But have you selected the hide polymorph helmet option to see if it fixed the problem? it might be a different cause, but the solution might still be the same.

This does fix it immediately, I've been able to confirm on two characters now.
    PC NA
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happened back when Elsweyr came out. If I switch to dual-wield after I enter a location, my hands are empty and I am surfing on my bow.

Someone made an add-on to fix it, but I stopped using it when the bug was initially fixed so I don't remember what it is called.
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seconding this with S&B. Not sure what triggers it but since the update it disappears regularly. My back bar staff is under my feet like I'm surfing on it and I'm just going around punching mobs in the face to taunt them.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BTW, the in-game "fix" for this was to switch to dual-wield before you enter the delve, and then once inside you can switch back and forth with no problem. Took a while to get in the habit though.
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by khyrkat on September 6, 2021 8:13PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed in IC on PCEU my bow is missing.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In IC on PC NA my bow is visible, but my 2h sword is invisible.

Arena if it matters. DC.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Asgaeroth
    Asgaeroth
    ✭✭
    x
    Edited by Asgaeroth on October 29, 2021 9:49AM