The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Intro Cinematic plays every time

cptqrk
cptqrk
✭✭✭
Hey folks,

Not sure if this is a bug, or a setting I've managed to mess up, but for some reason since last patch, the into cinematic plays every time I boot up the game.

Yes Prophet, I know war is coming, but can we just not?

Any hints on how to turn this off? Or did I break something?
  • BellaDCopular
    BellaDCopular
    ✭✭
    I'm having this issue with the current update, the blackwood/dereni tower intro plays.
    Let us hide vampirsm with a "none" option in the collections menu, let us hide every piece of armor in the outfit station, at the very least let us hide shoulders belts, and gloves please zos I just wana run around as a prisoner without having to find a belt or shoulderpads that fit
  • BellaDCopular
    BellaDCopular
    ✭✭
    I'm having this issue with the current update, the blackwood/dereni tower intro plays.

this also happens only on my desktop, not my laptop installation of the game.
    Let us hide vampirsm with a "none" option in the collections menu, let us hide every piece of armor in the outfit station, at the very least let us hide shoulders belts, and gloves please zos I just wana run around as a prisoner without having to find a belt or shoulderpads that fit
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same happening to me. Came here looking for an answer, at least know I'm not alone.
  • ctar99neb17_ESO
    Same thing here, "A storm is comming!" yes i know, atleast the setting notecard skips the logo cinematic on startup...
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same for me, but I have some insights:

Root of problem: game can no longer write to UserSettings and AddonSettings files, if you are seeing intro all the time, it is because of this
    Sub-problem: Setting name responsible for intro was changed -> can't save that new one to file -> you get intro all the time

Manual fix:
    Add this line to your UserSettings.txt file in <user>\documents\eslder scrolls online\ folder:
    SET OpeningCinematicSeen "1"

Edit: There is actually a fix/workaround for main problem already:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584563/cant-enable-or-disable-addons-or-game-settings-plus-more-fix-in-thread#latest
    Edited by EF321 on August 30, 2021 11:55AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We're currently tracking an issue where in-game settings are not saving for some players.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ctar99neb17_ESO
    EF321 wrote: »

Root of problem: game can no longer write to UserSettings and AddonSettings files, if you are seeing intro all the time, it is because of this
    Sub-problem: Setting name responsible for intro was changed -> can't save that new one to file -> you get intro all the time

Manual fix:
    Add this line to your UserSettings.txt file in <user>\documents\eslder scrolls online\ folder:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584563/cant-enable-or-disable-addons-or-game-settings-plus-more-fix-in-thread#latest

It seems that as long as i turn off my AVG antivirus when turning off and on the game the settings are saved, i have attempted to add all sorts of exceptions and allowed program stuff to it but it doesnt work, atleast i have a temporary fix for now. (also heard Avast does the same)
  • Danny_Fluke
    EF321 wrote: »

Manual fix:

It seems that as long as i turn off my AVG antivirus when turning off and on the game the settings are saved, i have attempted to add all sorts of exceptions and allowed program stuff to it but it doesnt work, atleast i have a temporary fix for now. (also heard Avast does the same)

So I went to check my AVG, and apparently I have no exceptions for the folder with UserSettings.txt, and ESO is not on my allowed programs either. The only exceptions I have is for my Steam games folder where ESO is stored. Neither Steam nor ESO are running in admin either.

There's probably another reason why it doesn't save properly that's suddenly afflicting players (even on Steam there are complaints about it).