The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's up with those weird feetless socks on current skirts?

Michae
Michae
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm talking about those weird pieces covering calves on several new leg styles. What's wrong with having bare calves so that we can use the Order of the Hour shoes with something more than corresponding legs and Mazzatun skirt?
I put pictures under spoiler so the post isn't too long, you can see a few current new styles there and a Mazzatun skirt with OotH sandals for comparison:
ixdzd0E.png
rOrM8eh.png
N5o6dLc.png
4huCmaZ.png

All I'm looking for is a simple Roman legionnaire look, but those new skirts make it impossible to use sandals. Mazzatun skirt is marginally too long and has this additional piece in the middle that ruins the look. Here's an example of similar outfit using Second Legion shoes to cover those calf thingies.
2qkbM4O.png

Could we get at least one normal skirt next time, please? Or an option to turn those off. While you're at it you could also disable the crotch flaps on several outfits. ;)

EDIT: I made the images work properly.
Edited by Michae on August 31, 2021 9:17PM
"I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just thinking (and being annoyed) about this yesterday when I saw that the coming Black Fin Legion and Sul-Xan styles also have this issue. Blackwood is giving us a lot of these "skirt" styles and every damn one of them got these shin-guards/legwarmers! It looks very weird when you want to use them with sandals for an roman-esqe imperial look, or a more casual barefoot look for argonians or bosmer.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing Bare ankles OMW, Cover them up like in 1940 before we get too excited.

Seriously, i know ZOS doesn't want to get too close to the "Busty Bikini armour" style, but it is ridiculous that you pay £20 on crowns for a motif and find the skirt has 90% of a Boot stuck on it for zero reason, just add that part to the Shoe
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yep!! I've been stuck using the mazzatun skirt for my imperial looks because of the leg warmer things. They've added so many cool skirt motifs recently that all have the leg warmers. Sad for me
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Show me dem anklessssss
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The art team tends to over style pretty much everything in terms of armor.

Some times less is more guys. Hip flaps, loin clothes, satchels on the sides of armor, tassels, leg warmers, arm warmers, bicep bangles, etc, etc, etc.

Sometimes less is more guys and a nice shirt or skirt is enough.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget random wads of fur on gear intended for warm climates!
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "