The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

AoE grinding specs, whats effective?

Ajaxduo
Ajaxduo
✭✭✭✭✭
So I recently hit V1 with a friend on my Sorcerer, Impulse/Lightning Flood + Critical Surge spec. Aside from the 'easier' way to go with Destruction Staff what have other players found effective? I have been pondering about a Arrow Spray spec with Templar, Cleave Dragonknight and a Whirlwind Nightblade. Although I mostly see people rocking the typical Impulse builds, I'm guessing that is because it's simply a 360 AoE on self. No pain having to aim the cone attacks or circles, etc.
I understand that this method of grinding is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is really great that the game offers up different methods of leveling! :)
Edited by Ajaxduo on April 28, 2014 12:48PM
- - -
GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
- - -
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game offers the fewest ways to level of any mmo released in the last 15 years...
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »
    This game offers the fewest ways to level of any mmo released in the last 15 years...

Is there a single thread you won't troll? The OP asked for advice, not a debate over the state of leveling in the game.

OP: As much as I would urge you to consider not grinding, because it tends to ruin the grinding areas for any players who actually want to, you know, enjoy the story... I've found that whirlwind is an extremely effective AoE attack. You may also consider (for your NB) getting the Shadow or Vampire ultimates that basically drain every enemy near you.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    He asked for good grind spots, not for your opinion on what he should be doing. Hypocrisy is very unbecoming. I just don't want other people to get the impression this game offers options while leveling up when it really doesn't.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 28, 2014 1:03PM
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Jeesh, just kill your 200k mud crabs already and guild store the leather for cash. Remember to move to a new area once you are 2-3 levels above those mud crabs as you don't get as much xp killing critters below your level.