Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RIP Ravenwatch PC NA

Emperor_ManBearPig
I would like to take a moment of a silence for the PC NA Ravenwatch campaign. The decision to make it no proc set/hammer/cp has killed the population of this campaign. Ravenwatch was the only campaign I played and will miss all of the players in that community. Thankfully a majority of players have migrated to Blackreach.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Although let's see how much the new sets drive people back. But according to the pops right now it's abysmal even on weekend primetime. DC in particular are suffering from 3.5 and AoC's absence
  • Faulric
    Faulric
    Soul Shriven
    Don't forget, a lot of people are over in IC right now because of the event. Even GH is taking a hit right now because so many people are over there.

But I have seen a larger dip than usual.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TM has been playing DC consistently on the 2 (!) nights that we run, but our 8 or 9 don't replace the 30 or so that 3.5 and AOC represented ( B) ). It is a little more challenging fighting outnumbered without some of the proc sets we're accustomed to but partly that's a matter of getting used to new builds and some different tactics as a result of that change.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once the event is over the population will be high again.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Emperor_ManBearPig

I hope so! I am curious how long Ravenwatch would continue to be no proc sets. I think if they made the campaign faction locked they would've retained a larger player base. Look at Lag host, Blackreach is the same server rules, but people chose to play with the crap performance and lag due to the lock.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    TM has been playing DC consistently on the 2 (!) nights that we run, but our 8 or 9 don't replace the 30 or so that 3.5 and AOC represented ( B) ). It is a little more challenging fighting outnumbered without some of the proc sets we're accustomed to but partly that's a matter of getting used to new builds and some different tactics as a result of that change.

AoC still playing in Raven. Just probably not on the same nights. Still trying both campaigns to see which we like more. Although if the pop in Raven continues to be this low, I'm not sure if it'll be even viable to say.

I have to say while I can't say how they affected CP, the combat changes and extra sets have been making theorycrafting in No-Proc more interesting.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I never liked noCP, I'm pouring one out for you guys. I was hoping that @ZOS_Kevin could've facilitated player to developer communication on something like this since there was pretty strong backlash against this change and the lack of this unfortunately proves that yet again communication is only going so far before it ultimately fails, falling flat. That hurts subcommunities, especially when no discussion was even had where feedback of the idea could be given.

Hopefully you guys find some semblance of positivity out of this whole thing, or better yet, get this reversed and no-proc as individual campaigns.
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭

I hope so! I am curious how long Ravenwatch would continue to be no proc sets. I think if they made the campaign faction locked they would've retained a larger player base. Look at Lag host, Blackreach is the same server rules, but people chose to play with the crap performance and lag due to the lock.

Everytime I'm in IC in noCP I see guilds from Ravenwatch. So I have a feeling if they are doing no proc there they will go to no proc in cyro.

That said the fights are infinitly better in Ravenwatch and feel like fights again. Though I'm mad they have all the secret sets but shapeshifter chain which is supposed to work, doesn't.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Raven will be increasing their player population due to Hrothgar and other sets that's 1 shotting people in the proc friendly campaigns.
    Edited by RaikaNA on September 2, 2021 4:20AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think that with the onslaught of the new sets, like dark covergence, more ppl would flock to the no proc campaign this patch, but that has not been the case so far.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens when NO ONE asked for this but maybe 2 people
  • Emperor_ManBearPig
    Totally agree. The new sets are no skill cheese mode. Makes wanting to play a no proc campaign interesting, but the campaign is dead, so no one is migrating to it. I think most people are hoping there will be a fix/nerf to Hrothgar and dark convergence soon, so they don’t need to go to Ravenwatch. Or a lot of people are just waiting until New World comes out at the end of the month to try out something new.
    Edited by Emperor_ManBearPig on September 2, 2021 4:31PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of people are in IC right now too. We've been kind of splitting our time between IC and the campaign. Maybe the pops will rebound a bit after the year one event ends?
    • PC/NA
  • MiserynCompany
    MiserynCompany
    ✭✭✭
    . The new sets are no skill cheese mode. .
    From the king of syvarras scales... not a no skill/cheese set? Much love dj! Hopefully we'll see you on New World- Adrestia <3

• Emperor_ManBearPig
    . The new sets are no skill cheese mode. .
    From the king of syvarras scales... not a no skill/cheese set? Much love dj! Hopefully we'll see you on New World- Adrestia <3

Lol, the King of Syvarras! I like the sound of that. /wave
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gray host campaign ends in a few days, may see a population spike then
    • PC/NA
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, AD seems to have good population at least. Certain nights DC and EP can get to three bars, DC is a little more consistent than EP at the moment, would be nice to see an EP guild or two pop up on Raven.

TM runs on DC two nights a week, last night was mostly fun but also difficult with our 11-12 starting at our tri-keeps and consistently fighting 30-40+ AD everywhere we went, even resources. And being t-bagged by said AD lol. GGs
    • PC/NA
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Well, AD seems to have good population at least. Certain nights DC and EP can get to three bars, DC is a little more consistent than EP at the moment, would be nice to see an EP guild or two pop up on Raven.

TM runs on DC two nights a week, last night was mostly fun but also difficult with our 11-12 starting at our tri-keeps and consistently fighting 30-40+ AD everywhere we went, even resources. And being t-bagged by said AD lol. GGs

AoC is still running Raven, so DC pretty populated on night's when we raid. But I'm pretty sure we are the faction at this point. Although I see some new guilds in zone so hopefully our pop increases.

But yes AD zerging hard and some seem pretty salty.
    Edited by neferpitou73 on September 27, 2021 8:18PM