The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stack transmute geodes

Veles
Veles
✭✭✭✭
I would like to ask ZOS allow us stack transmute geodes in our inventory. I understand perfectly well how ingame restrictions contribute to the movement of money supply and how it can be tricky weave into the mechanics of the game. But here I am talking about a rudiment that has lost that very hidden motivating meaning.

The number of transmutes accumulated per account has been increased a long time ago. Moreover, geode system has been reworked: now, instead of a random number of transmutes, they give a fixed one, depending on color. The exception is gold, which can either be left or lead to the overall figure.

Now it is not difficult to farm the required number of transmutes.
And very soon the moment comes that you have nothing to spend them on, but they continue to drop.

I am ESO Plus member. And not every player has made such progress in game that even geodes begin to accumulate. But it will come one day, one way or another it will come.

Now, only one of my characters has in inventory over 60 slots occupied by transmutation geodes, purple ones, because I simply destroy others. I cannot stack them, cannot use them, transfer them through the bank to another character, or delete them, because it hurts me to do so. And every other character has about 10-40 geodes.

I hardly expect any support from the community because this is a unique problem. Help me please! I can only humbly ask for permission to stack these geodes in the inventory.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When mine overflow I just transmute basic stuff to get good traits and decon for a chance to get awesome mats in return (mostly trait stones for jewelry and Nirnhorned). You can earn a lot that way and having 500 or 1000 with your eso + should be enough to last when you finally need it, no point hoarding it for nothing.
    Edited by Jamdarius on August 31, 2021 12:04PM
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    When mine overflow I just transmute basic stuff to get good traits and decon for a chance to get awesome mats in return (mostly trait stones for jewelry and Nirnhorned). You can earn a lot that way and having 500 or 1000 with your eso + should be enough to last when you finally need it, no point hoarding it for nothing.

This is actually very good advice. I hope that your comment will not be the reason for the introduction of another restriction and fix.

The fact is that I have so much of everything that it makes no sense for me to waste my time on such trifles. In any case, thanks for trying to help at least with advice. I appreciate it.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can store crystals more efficiently than purple geodes by reconstructing an item from fully collected set (i.e. arena resto or bow is just 1 item for full set) at base quality, which costs 25 crystals, and you get 25 crystals back when you decon. These also can be moved to home chests.

Keep in mind that you can't decon reconstructed mythics.

Cyro montly 50 crystals geodes are still more efficient unit of storage, but are character bound.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veles wrote: »

This is actually very good advice. I hope that your comment will not be the reason for the introduction of another restriction and fix.

The fact is that I have so much of everything that it makes no sense for me to waste my time on such trifles. In any case, thanks for trying to help at least with advice. I appreciate it.

yw
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also store a lot of mine as gear on levelling characters. Its now far simply to learn all of a few overland sets like mothers sorrow and just reconstruct gear on each toon (having had them learn the 1 trait they need for each piece). I don't even repair such gear that is at the base level for the set (green for overland blue for dungeon) because it's free to deconstruct and reconstruct it.

To me it seems a bit broken because there is now no point in crafting gear.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    You can store crystals more efficiently than purple geodes by reconstructing an item from fully collected set (i.e. arena resto or bow is just 1 item for full set) at base quality, which costs 25 crystals, and you get 25 crystals back when you decon. These also can be moved to home chests.

Keep in mind that you can't decon reconstructed mythics.

Cyro montly 50 crystals geodes are still more efficient unit of storage, but are character bound.

Yes, I did that for some time. Until now, somewhere on one of the warehouse-characters there are such things. And yes, I got burned by personal experience that myths cannot be made out. :'(

The problem is that in addition to geodes, such things began to accumulate. xD
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So you stack thousands and then you don't farm transmute stones again in 10 years? I don't think ZOS would like that.
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering each purple geode will give you 5-10 stones you could craft rings of a set you have collected every piece so when you need stones you just destroy them and get all 25 back. You'll still have the same stacking issues, of course, but at least it'll free you 2-5 slots for each ring.

Just don't do the same stupidity someone instructed me to do crafting mythics. Those won't give you any stones back.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's easy to earn transmute crystals, why are you even hoarding them for?!
    You can transmute items to valuable traits and decon that gear. Then, use the traits stones or sell them.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would transmute and then decon later thing, but concerned they might nerf/fix that somehow. Also concerned about the trait recycling thing. Would be careful about doing too much of that generally. YMMV.