Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Datafile(s) that self-rebuild after we delete them because they got 'too big'?

twev
twev
✭✭✭✭✭
There used to be a few 'tips' to delete particular data or config files that would grow too big over time and cause random errors or poor performance.
The point was that they would replicate the important data and regenerate as needed, and be more compact again, for a while.

Is this still a 'thing'? it's been a while since I thought of it, but I'm getting to the the 14K hours played mark with 17 toons at lvl 1750 range, and I'm starting to run into issues with random glitches. Is this something I pursue, or do I just delete the game/reinstall, and try to get the settings and configs for all 17 chars back to where they feel right again?

I still remember the old days of Windows 3.1, where reinstalling the O/S, or even a mouse, could take days to get configurations back to where they felt normal again.

Thanks for any info/hints/tips/advice, and the time you spend reading this and/or helping me out.
The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of that is on the server, so reinstalling will just waste your time. The only things client-side will be add-on saves/settings which can be fixed by just deleting and re-adding those.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Most of that is on the server, so reinstalling will just waste your time. The only things client-side will be add-on saves/settings which can be fixed by just deleting and re-adding those.

Thanks for that info.
    I appreciate it.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.