The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you drain enemy's stamina?

moo_2021
moo_2021
✭✭✭✭
Noticed in a few fights where my stamina was completely drained almost instantly and can't restore fast, so I was unable to use any ability for like 7-10s. My recovery is well above 2k.

Usually I got CC'ed and then snare. Break-free uses a lot of stamina, but only done once. The draining poison only adds 10% cost, if ever used. I didn't use dodge as I could get out with charge easily. The same thing never happened with Magicka pool.

What abilities or sets could do that?

Also when that happened I'm usually not the target and nobody bothered to kill me while defenseless, so it might not be a combo stacked by one player but felt like several abilities by different players.
Edited by moo_2021 on August 30, 2021 8:57AM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing in the game attacks bars directly (except stun & root). You can root every 4s tho, it will hit your sustain very hard if you are melee stam & not full well-fitted.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing in the game attacks bars directly (except stun & root). You can root every 4s tho, it will hit your sustain very hard if you are melee stam & not full well-fitted.

I have 3 well-fitted but almost never use dodge. Do people prefer Shuffle over Elude for the immunity?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    divnyi wrote: »

I have 3 well-fitted but almost never use dodge. Do people prefer Shuffle over Elude for the immunity?

I always use Elude. It's bit hard to use Shuffle because it requires you to build up movement speed from other sources, and cast before root hits you. Double duration of the buff and major exp when you are hit with AoE for the whole buff duration is more reliable to me.

The only source of snare immunity that I use mid combat is Elusive Mist.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinks that can screw up your stamina recovery:

Sprinting too much. You should get source of major exp and walk instead, with exceptions of situations where your life depends on it.

Blocking too much. Well I guess you don't do it, but if you do, block eats recovery frames and costs a whole lot.

Dodging more that once in 4s frame.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poisons to increase your enemy's skill costs, ice ball trebuchet hits, and excessive stunning and immobilizations. (Fossilize is good at draining a target's stamina for instance)
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP is talking about a legit drain.

I've seen this on a few occasions. I cannot tell you what it is from and was unable to replicate it myself.

It pops up especially in <50 bgs. A few times but more rarely seen in 50+ bgs.

Have not experienced outside of battlegrounds myself but have seen others show it / post about it in Cyro and IC.

I haven't seen it in a couplefew months though myself.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use poisons that drain stam / immobilize on my resto back bar. Very effective for helping run someone out of stam quickly.
    Edited by Kwoung on August 30, 2021 5:18PM