The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hrothgars Chill Frost Damage Does Not Proc Winterborn Set

TimeDazzler
TimeDazzler
✭✭✭✭✭
Was looking forward to this combination but it doesn’t work :|
PC NA
Characters:
Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Procs don't proc procs.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wyrd88 wrote: »
    Procs don't proc procs.

Except they do.

I have countless examples, here is just one:
    Place Circle of Protection of Turn Evil on the ground, which does no damage or healing.

This procs Winter's Respite -> heal from winter's respite procs Prayer Shawl -> Shield from Prayer Shawl procs Infernal Guardian -> Mortars flying from set that requires shielding, after you placed ability that does no shields, damage or heals.

I can make a huge list of these. There is no such rule as procs don't proc procs, it is always in description, i.e. some procs require Ability specifically or crit, which procs can't do. If condition can be satisfied with other proc, it works. It is all in tooltip.
    "Proc's don't proc procs" was posted in some vague patchnotes three years ago with no clarification on what that even means, and ever since then people keep repeating this despite hundreds of examples of sets triggering sets...

If combo described above would not work, that would a problem, since tooltips are clear that these sets proc on any overheal and any shield, there is no mention "when you use shield ABILITY", like with trinimac valor, which would not be triggered by Prayer Shawl.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Procs don't proc procs.

Except they do.

Place Circle of Protection of Turn Evil on the ground, which does no damage or healing.

This procs Winter's Respite -> heal from winter's respite procs Prayer Shawl -> Shield from Prayer Shawl procs Infernal Guardian -> Mortars flying from set that requires shielding, after you placed ability that does no shields, damage or heals.

I can make a huge list of these. There is no such rule as procs don't proc procs, it is always in description, i.e. some procs require Ability specifically or crit, which procs can't do. If condition can be satisfied with other proc, it works. It is all in tooltip.
    "Proc's don't proc procs" was posted in some vague patchnotes three years ago with no clarification on what that even means, and ever since then people keep repeating this despite hundreds of examples of sets triggering sets...

If combo described above would not work, that would a problem, since tooltips are clear that these sets proc on any overheal and any shield, there is no mention "when you use shield ABILITY", like with trinimac valor, which would not be triggered by Prayer Shawl.

If some proc sets do proc other sets, that doesn't mean that it's intended or that there is no nominal rule about proc sets in relation to other proc sets. On the contrary, the intentions of the devs were clearly communicated in the patch notes you mentioned. The relevant note reads: "Yo dawg, we heard you didn't like procs so we made sure your procs can't proc more procs" (v4.3.3, Feb. 11, 2019). If something in the game contradicts that, i.e. if procs are proccing procs, it needs to be submitted as a bug report so the devs can review it and take whatever action they feel is appropriate. (It's actually in the ToS that we agree to report suspected bugs and exploits that we notice.) If the devs want some procs to proc procs, they should let us know about the change in their intentions. Otherwise we have to take them at their word and consider proc-proccing procs as a bug.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    EF321 wrote: »
    Procs don't proc procs.

Except they do.

If some proc sets do proc other sets, that doesn't mean that it's intended or that there is no nominal rule about proc sets in relation to other proc sets. On the contrary, the intentions of the devs were clearly communicated in the patch notes you mentioned. The relevant note reads: "Yo dawg, we heard you didn't like procs so we made sure your procs can't proc more procs" (v4.3.3, Feb. 11, 2019). If something in the game contradicts that, i.e. if procs are proccing procs, it needs to be submitted as a bug report so the devs can review it and take whatever action they feel is appropriate. (It's actually in the ToS that we agree to report suspected bugs and exploits that we notice.) If the devs want some procs to proc procs, they should let us know about the change in their intentions. Otherwise we have to take them at their word and consider proc-proccing procs as a bug.

So in the last 2 years they have failed to notice that pretty much every proc set without a specific non-proc trigger, still procs other proc sets? I mean seriously, I can cast one skill on a group of target dummies and have crap procing like crazy for the next 30-60 seconds.

Quite honestly, I haven't tried but would not be surprised if I could put together a build that would just keep procing until all the dummies were dead.

Edited by Kwoung on August 30, 2021 6:17AM