The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sentry Set doesn't work in Imperial City

Caecus0
Caecus0
✭✭
Hello all,

I recently picked up the Sentry Set for PvP. I tried it in the Imperial City and the 5 piece bonus that allows for seeing stealthed targets does not activate at all there. It seems to work in Battlegrounds and PvE just fine.

I'm not aware of anything that is turning off the 5 piece bonus for Imperial City which is why I'm posting this. Just seems weird you have to get this set from PvP and it doesn't even work in one of the premiere PvP modes.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caecus0 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I recently picked up the Sentry Set for PvP. I tried it in the Imperial City and the 5 piece bonus that allows for seeing stealthed targets does not activate at all there. It seems to work in Battlegrounds and PvE just fine.

I'm not aware of anything that is turning off the 5 piece bonus for Imperial City which is why I'm posting this. Just seems weird you have to get this set from PvP and it doesn't even work in one of the premiere PvP modes.

Are you in no-CP IC? Many set procs are disabled there as of the most recent update.

Sentry is not on the official lists of sets with full functionality in no-CP/no-proc IC, nor have I seen it reported as one of the sets that do work despite not being on the official lists.
  • Caecus0
    Caecus0
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Are you in no-CP IC? Many set procs are disabled there as of the most recent update.

Sentry is not on the official lists of sets with full functionality in no-CP/no-proc IC, nor have I seen it reported as one of the sets that do work despite not being on the official lists.

I was in non-CP IC, actually. Due to your comment, I tested it in CP and Non CP IC and Cyro.

It works just fine in CP Cyro and IC, as well as BGs.

It does NOT work in non-CP Cyro and IC.

I didn't realize there was a list of sets that DO work. I checked it out and it does not appear that Sentry is on it... I knew that Proc sets were disabled in non-cp but I guess I didn't think Sentry would be considered a "Proc" set. I normally associate Proc sets with "Hit/Get hit by certain skill, x happens." I guess in a way it is a proc set because it "Procs" when you crouch... Still seems odd to me though.

Thanks for the help!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I was in non-CP IC, actually. Due to your comment, I tested it in CP and Non CP IC and Cyro.

It works just fine in CP Cyro and IC, as well as BGs.

It does NOT work in non-CP Cyro and IC.

I didn't realize there was a list of sets that DO work. I checked it out and it does not appear that Sentry is on it... I knew that Proc sets were disabled in non-cp but I guess I didn't think Sentry would be considered a "Proc" set. I normally associate Proc sets with "Hit/Get hit by certain skill, x happens." I guess in a way it is a proc set because it "Procs" when you crouch... Still seems odd to me though.

Thanks for the help!

What constitutes a proc set seems to boil down to whether the set bonus requires the server to run an if/then/else type function before giving you the bonus or if you just get the set bonus no questions asked.