Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Continuous Crashes in PvP zones

LightYagami
LightYagami
✭✭✭✭✭
Lost connection multiple times in Cyrodiil.
999+ ping in Cyrodiil
999+ ping in Battle Ground

Everything is fine in PvE zones.

ZOS, please explain why crashes are so often in PvP zones?
Do you still care PvP in this game?

I paid for ESO plus and I don't expect server qualities like this.

[snip]
[edited for demand/threat]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 25, 2021 12:40PM
No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online

LMAO yeah ok
  • Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    3 crashes in 20 minutes today

the fact that we pay for this is testament on how stupid we are
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Rlacoste

What type of crashes did you recently encounter in ESO?
    Staff Post
  • Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    game freezes, wait a minute then get "An error has occured......." not error code
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's time to make the crash reporter to work reliably again. Then you'd have data that might help fix them.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Rlacoste

Thank you for the response back. For this error and freezing please try the troubleshooting below first and see if these steps help out.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    Staff Post
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been crashing like crazy since the last update. I read and followed all the instructions and nothing has changed on my end, this start a few weeks ago right after last update.

It happens randomly everywhere, when talking to merchant, just walking, not doing much of anything and especially when I am in BGs with a good team. I have to go through 3-4 terrible matches just to get 1 good one, then half the time ESO LOCKS UP. Meaning I can't do anything but 'signout' or reboot to fix it.

Also once I go back in it is all screwed up, obviously it is not ending properly and stuck in some kind of state. So I have to open game back up. Close it again. Then reboot PC and after all that it is usually back to normal. It has happened once a day for about 3 weeks, with maybe only 2 days where is didn't happen and 3 days were it happened more than once.

It can happen withing 10 minutes or not happen for a few hours. I haven't been able to isolate the issue other than lockup were less than once a month until the last update. Massive lag, high ping, desync is bad enough but frequent crashing is too much to deal with.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Merforum

We're sorry to hear that the steps we provided were unable to resolve this issue for you. If you haven't already, please go ahead and open a support ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com so that we can assist you further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings @Merforum

We're sorry to hear that the steps we provided were unable to resolve this issue for you. If you haven't already, please go ahead and open a support ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com so that we can assist you further.

Thanks. I'll do that.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Merforum

If you need to check on your ticket status, you're welcome to post your ticket number in this thread.
    Staff Post
  • Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    yup, it was an add on, running errr smoothly(laggy PVP) now
  • Rossmann
    Rossmann
    ✭✭✭
    Rlacoste wrote: »
    yup, it was an add on, running errr smoothly(laggy PVP) now

Which addon it is? Please tell, i had 10 crash today ffs
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    Had terrible trouble with this late afternoon today (i.e. 16:00 MDT, Aygust 29, 2021). Entire game world would freeze, everything would become unresponsive for 30 seconds or so, followed by a disconnect (stranding my character in Cyrodiil), followed by logging back into the character selection screen, followed by "Lost Connection to Lobby" errors when attempting to enter the (Cyrodiil) game world with a character. All on a high-end dedicated WIndows 10 gaming platform, latest/greatest patches, latest/greatest ESO, etc.

This problem does indeed appear to be new. Was not an issue a week ago.

Found this thread. Disabled all my addons. Did not help.

Paradoxically, what seemed to affect the problem (beneficially) was enabling my VPN. I usually avoid it with ESO, it introduces extra latency, but on a hunch I gave it a try in response to this issue, on the assumption there was some sort of internet packet loss somewhere on the route, or something unknowable about ESO at the server end, that was being exercised by "direct connection" between my game client and the ESO game server, resulting in degraded connectivity. I can't claim my assumption is in any way validated, but routing all traffic through a VPN server in a third location resulted in FAR fewer problems. (Note that I do not experience weirdness of any sort with Guild Wars 2, except the vary occasional disconnection which is easy to trace to my internet service provide... weirdness seems a special province of ESO.)

There was still lots of lag (typical in Cyrodiil... strangely, MMOs just don't seem to be designed/built for high-intensity MMO activity, they often just curl up and die, or puke themselves to death, or whatever metaphor appeals to you). I don't PvP much, maybe 2-3 times a months for a few hours (enough to make very gradual progress on the Alliance War skill lines... which will one day end up maxed on one character on each of my accounts, at which point I anticipate being done with actual PvP forever). I will try to play with this some more in a week... with/without addons, with/without VPN, etc, see if I can reproduce and isolate a set of conditions that guarantee the problem, and/or that mitigate the problem, etc.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I gave cyrodiil a bit of time today, not a lot, but I crashed 3 times.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    Which addon it is? Please tell, i had 10 crash today ffs

Cyrodiil Alert and also Bandits User Interface might be causing freezes and crashes also, will retry when i have all add ons re-installed