The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When was LSAO and Screen Space GI added?

winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
I was mucking around in the settings and just noticed these were now options for ambint occlusion...

They make the game look absolutely amazing. This could / should have been a headline news feature.. on other games have promoted far lesser changes as something newsworthy.

I'm running a potatoe 2500k @4.1 + 1060 @ 2560 so im just dipping under 60 fps now.. but its worth it.

Also for the multithreaded rendering option, it seemed to be a definite improvement in frame time at least, until the event, people came back and i found myself in crowded areas. Performance was far worse with the setting on when there was many players where i was.

Generally appreciate any engine / rendering setting upgrades though.
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    I'll keep playing around with it though as different settings definitely shift the bottleneck. My pc gaming machine is almost 10 years old now, its more of a thing to see how long it can hold out for :)
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The multi-renderer saved my game. I can play without the constant nagging feeling of low fps. I may not have maxed settings but I can get vsynced 60fps on my monitor which is all I wanted. I bought 20,000 crowns wondering if it was wise but now that the game feels renewed to me I'm glad I took advantage of the sale.