The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Armor and Jewel Enchantments.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
As a Templar in heavy armor mainly using stamina abilities, what enchantments do I best use on my jewels: stamina regeneration, or ability cost reduction? I thought since I don't have any stamina regeneration from my armor passives, I might as well skip stamina regeneration and go for the cost reduction, but I don't know if that is best.

I plan to use jewels that give health, as I don't place 49 points into health. I just need to know what enchantment to put on those "health" jewels.
Edited by Zsymon on April 28, 2014 11:14AM

Best Answer

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at it this way. Regen is once per 2 seconds, ability cost reduction is once per cast. If you use an ability once per second and you can save 13 Magicka/Stamina it would be superior to a regen of 8 per 2 seconds, that is until you Stam burn or OOM. The other side of it is crafted potions are VERY good in ESO and only have a 30 sec CD that could be lowered to 15 sec (using Jewelry enchants). IMO until we get to VET10+ ranks doing Craglorn with folks theorycrafting builds specifically for raiding it's hard to say the exact benefit of cost reduction vs regen vs higher pool (the later via food or drink).

For now I personally go with cost reduction and food (higher pool) than regen and drink, although I do also spec into regen passives where available. Don't forget to look into Armor passives as they have cost reduction + regen in them as well. I would consider doing a (5) pc Heavy with (2) pc medium armor then grab some medium armor passives to help with Stamina.
    Answer ✓
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also feel best with cost reduction and food, in fact I don't even learn brewing recipes, as my character doesn't drink alcohol (bit of RP). Thanks for the answer, I know what to do now.