Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Companion Mirri Disappeared

Dynan3
Dynan3
My companion, Mirri, disappeared after a random, normal dungeon group run (there wasn't room for her).

I've searched the threads for an answer and couldn't find anything relevant. I've heard talk of a "bug' with companions, especially Mirri, but I don't want to report a bug if it isn't one.

How can I get her back? We've trained quite a bit and I'd hate to waste that earned experience.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try resummoning her?
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Dynan3
    Dynan3
    How do I do that, please?
  • Dynan3
    Dynan3
    (and thanks for the quick reply.)
  • Dynan3
    Dynan3
    Found her...Collections > Allies > Companions - Set Active

Thanks, M.
  • Granden_Woodleafson
    I may report a bug, she just absolutely disappeared and I did not go to Collections->Allies fcol. I had ported to Vulkhal Guard and ran to the docks to continue Master Angling and went "Oh, I want to talk to Mirri..." NO WHERE TO BE FOUND wt_???
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I may report a bug, she just absolutely disappeared and I did not go to Collections->Allies fcol. I had ported to Vulkhal Guard and ran to the docks to continue Master Angling and went "Oh, I want to talk to Mirri..." NO WHERE TO BE FOUND wt_???

They disappear a lot if you move through loading screens. It's only a bug worth reporting if you can't respawn them right away.

(And then it may not be a bug if you have really lousy rapport with them for some reason.)
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early on, there were locations that would regularly dismiss companions when you passed through. If the location is consistently doing this, report it, as the obscure ones might not all have been fixed.

My suspicion is that the companion was intended to make a remark to the player, but the script(?) crashed.
    Edited by ghastley on May 8, 2023 1:59PM
  • Granden_Woodleafson
    Thank you so much for answering my plea, now I understand; this was in Auridon, Vulkhal Guard, south to docks and shore on that long sandbar where the fishing hole is. I had just received Mirri's quest to find her mother and I wanted to talk to her about it more when I noticed she was gone. Then I recalled Mirri there right after I discovered she was gone (Collections->Allies) and all has been fine. Any other places that you know of where this happens?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported them as I found them on PTS, and those were fixed before it went live. I have not found any since, but that could just be that my characters are all exploring further afield than before.
  • Granden_Woodleafson
    That's so cool, do they have PTS for consoles? I use PS4.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Illness, maternity leave, honeymoon, or perhaps simply a toilet break come to mind.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chances are that your companion got eaten by a giant spider while in a dungeon.