Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG needs change in team pairing!

moo_2021
moo_2021
✭✭✭✭
This happened again:

WijnVsB.png

Not complaining about the performance of my proc-sets :p But can we have team pairing based on players' past scores and gear level to achieve some balance, instead of being completely random? also breaking up premade groups if it's too unbalanced to others.

Being a newbie in BG is frustrating enough, not to mention a team full of newbies who keep dying. They literally can't get out of their base..
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    My comment about them may not be true, but there have been games where 1 or 2 from my group could sit right outside of enemy base, where the objective was at. And they had no chance to take it back...

This would not happen if teams are arranged based on past performance, for example the sum of scores from most recent 10 runs of each player, and each team should reach a similar total from its members.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you're asking for is a proper MMR system.

At this point we're fairly certain that it won't happen any time soon. :(
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

Why not? I thought it'd be normal... Did they make some announcement about MMR?

It cannot be good for new players whom they probably care most. BG is extremely difficult for anyone new and without proper builds - I know because from CM I hit those for 8k and they hit me for 2k, and I don't even have the skills. The easiest change ZOS can do is to keep teams balanced in some way so that newbies can be teamed with good ones to have a real game.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

Why not? I thought it'd be normal...

One would think... but nope.

It would make sense for newer players and those without gear and resources, wouldn't it?

Sense doesn't make dollars in today's market. Sorry. :(
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It cannot be good for new players whom they probably care most. BG is extremely difficult for anyone new and without proper builds - I know because from CM I hit those for 8k and they hit me for 2k, and I don't even have the skills. The easiest change ZOS can do is to keep teams balanced in some way so that newbies can be teamed with good ones to have a real game.

Zos's mmr system is games played equals mmr.
    If you suck but play a lot you will end up against players who likely don't suck and play a lot.
    You will then be miserable until you don't suck.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zos's mmr system is games played equals mmr.
    If you suck but play a lot you will end up against players who likely don't suck and play a lot.
    You will then be miserable until you don't suck.

Or make a new character and repeat the process, lol
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP I can see you are a new player. It is very logical to want something like this and we wanted it long time ago but it will not happen. I am sorry to disappoint you.
    Because I can!
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    We call those teams “food” round my way.
  • ganj1234
    ganj1234
    ✭✭✭
    wish it was like a dungeon queue where u needed to queue as role specific. BG is fun when all the teams have a balanced comp.
    @x.Elle_x - PC/NA DC magblade sweat and fashion extraordinaire✿ Guild: Black Fire
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    ganj1234 wrote: »
    wish it was like a dungeon queue where u needed to queue as role specific. BG is fun when all the teams have a balanced comp.

We don't need more tanks in bg...
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These things are just random chaos. Everyone has their own agendas when they go in there. Even people on the same team often are not working together. My only agenda is to not place third because then I don't get my 100K XP and I have to queue again.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind queuing again at all, but apparently some are very frustrated of being placed in an unwinnable group and that cant be good to appeal new players.

Winning is not always nice btw. I had to hold a stupid ball for 5 or 10 minutes straight, no fight, no enemy saw me because we had great cooperation.