The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Damage is higher this patch even after Battle Spirit change

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm running 40k resist + Major/Minor Toughness (-15% damage taken).

Zxde89w.png

I've never had this much healing and this is after the Battle Spirit change.

czovGhJ.png

Battleground is Eld Angavar where fights are typically close quarter.

PC NA
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the new proc sets.
    The damage from actual abilities should be lower.
    PS | EU
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Hrothgar's calculation is completely bugged.

Total Resist * 0.26 * Battle Spirit * (1 - Mitigation) = Damage

Let's assume 40k resist reduced to 25k from spell pen and Breach.

80000 * 0.26 * 0.5 * (1-0.3787) = 6461 before Protection

6461 * 0.85 = 5491 damage taken not 8450 in the screenshot

Even if the player had Major+Minor Berserk it still wouldn't do 8450 damage.
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 26, 2021 12:29PM
    PC NA
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well actually people just were able to swap out the defensive Set in most parts thanks to Ironclad 10% and Battle Spirit 10% Mitigation. So people can run double Damagesets, so of course the damage goes up again. And I actually like it. Its not like people just burst everyone down, its more of a consistent damage increase, while the insane Damagespikes from last Patch seem to be gone, which makes PvP more fun than a Boom you are dead.
    Edited by L_Nici on August 26, 2021 1:53PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to know is what happened to that ice comet? Did it melt before it got there?
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I'm running 40k resist + Major/Minor Toughness (-15% damage taken).

Zxde89w.png

I've never had this much healing and this is after the Battle Spirit change.

czovGhJ.png

Battleground is Eld Angavar where fights are typically close quarter.

Do you mean toughness or protection. If protection, do you have those buffs on at all times on both bars?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you mean toughness or protection. If protection, do you have those buffs on at all times on both bars?

Sorry I meant Protection. Just 1 bar.
    PC NA
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Sorry I meant Protection. Just 1 bar.

Was that screen shot from when you were on that bar?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s nothing wrong with high damage imo, but proc sets should not be doing more damage than skills especially ults.
  • Rossmann
    Rossmann
    ✭✭✭
    I get hit by 2k-3k per attack while i am at 33k res , have both major and minor protection and while blocking with a shield.
    Edited by Rossmann on August 27, 2021 10:16AM