The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Returning Player and im Completely Lost

unknownaussie
unknownaussie
Soul Shriven
so i havnt played ESO since the first month of the launch of the game and i am completely lost on what to do ect is there any guilds or groups that could help me get back into touch with the game and should i delete my characters and start again?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should you delete your characters? I'd say no. Do you enjoy questing? Then you don't need a guide or a guild, but you can simply enjoy the game and gradually progress. Do you, for some reason, want to reach endgame as quickly as possible? For example do you wish to focus on PvP? Then we would have a different conversation.

If you wish to experience the storylines in the order they came out, you're going to have a hard time, since ZOS tend to plop you into their latest content first. In truth, however, there isn't much continuity. It's a theme park, as they say. There is no overarching story that unifies everything between the original game and it's DLCs and expansions.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Find a good guild for new players. Do the original game main quests first. Ask questions. Get training sets from guild crafters. If you're on pc/na I can send you invites to a few good guilds if you want.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do the world quests. starts on your zones small island like stross mkay , ken artis rooth
    Than when your lv is high enough do dungeons sometimes.

For sets , join a crafting guild or just guild in general and ask someone to craft you 5x hundings body with training trait or julianus if you are magicka so you lv up faster.
    and for the rest of the items just pick up stuff you drop. dolmens are good for jewelary.

When you are high lv 50 champ points 160 , get julianos (body)+monster set mothers sorrow (weapons n jewelary)
    And try to slowly farm trial equipment if end game matters to you.
    If you are stam go hundings (or dungeon set called automaton) + monster set + Briarheart.

https://alcasthq.com/ has builds for solo and dungeons, but you should obviously just use what ever skills you want.
    but try to lv up at least the skills from alcast builds, Placet the skills you don't use on the backbar and swap to the backbar when completing quests. so the skills gain xp.

Later on at high lv 50 cp 160 do some nma, you don't need to do vma. And farm a cool weapon for your backbar.
    Edited by francesinhalover on July 12, 2021 12:04PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i havnt played ESO since the first month of the launch of the game and i am completely lost on what to do ect is there any guilds or groups that could help me get back into touch with the game and should i delete my characters and start again?

No, don't delete your old characters.
    I think they updated the tutorial missions. So, it wouldn't harm to make a new char and play the tutorial again.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• SwoopIM
    SwoopIM
    ✭✭✭
    I think Hack the Minotaur and SkinnyCheeks have Youtube videos on what to do first/how to get started in ESO. Worth checking them out.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other thing - you'll find you have a bunch of items that are "old" and no longer used ingredients etc it tells you to sell to a merchant - don't do that, they sell to in game collectors for stupid amounts of gold 8)
    Too many toons not enough time