The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Platforms do not count as floors... and ruined my house layout :(

Kwoung
Kwoung
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
See pic below on how I setup my target dummies for our guild hall, which I thought was pretty cool. Then came to find out that the platforms do not count as floors and all ground cast abilities go through them. So basically, we get "Invalid Location" when trying to cast, I suspect because the actual ground is so far beneath the lava.

unknown.png
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that you can target the dummy but not the surface they are standing on. I assume this is a platform you made and not truly part of the home.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Interesting that you can target the dummy but not the surface they are standing on. I assume this is a platform you made and not truly part of the home.

Correct, it is a large Markarth square platform.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been that way since the housing system was introduced so I think it's annoyingly intended.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    It's been that way since the housing system was introduced so I think it's annoyingly intended.

You are correct, they have never been considered floors. Which is why when a platform is above 3m from the ground, you'll notice spell ground effects never occur on the platform - but far beneath them. This is working as intended, but any re-alignment to your house with things you had above the platform is a bug.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrZeDark wrote: »

You are correct, they have never been considered floors. Which is why when a platform is above 3m from the ground, you'll notice spell ground effects never occur on the platform - but far beneath them. This is working as intended, but any re-alignment to your house with things you had above the platform is a bug.

How is this working as intended? A platform acts as a floor in every other way. I can stand on it, I can place items/rugs on it, the game recognizes it as a floor when placing items on it if you toggle T. The only thing the game doesn't recognize, is that it is a floor when you cast a spell, which go right through it.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using a smaller damage spell. Maybe the one you are using just blasts it's way through.