The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can I play Blackwood?

qvamp
qvamp
I was looking up what Quakecom was and ended up on an ESO page that says you can play free from August 17-30th and can do the Blackwood Prologue Quest (https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/freeplay). But, I can't figure out a way to start it. Is this literally only for people who haven't bought ESO, and people who own it can't play it? Or is there some way for me to play it?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 25, 2021 11:10PM
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the prologue quest is in the crown store: A Mortals Touch

PS-Look under Quest Starters
    Edited by Blinx on August 18, 2021 7:58PM
  • qvamp
    qvamp
    Thanks!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Prologue quests are free in the Crown Store, or can be picked up by interacting with the appropriate NPC. They introduce you to the new content to which they relate, being patched into the game prior to the content launch so they don't require you to own that content but are simply designed to encourage you to do so!
  • qvamp
    qvamp
    So, the prologue quest is grayed out in the quest starters menu, and I don't have the quest for it.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it possible you may have done it before, and not realize it? it takes place in 2 delves in the base game, and then ends supposedly in the sewers of imperial city.

go to your menu>achievements>prologues-and check, if it's done you have Vault Breacher

**there are other ways to do it beside crown store, npc or letter near delves**
    Edited by Blinx on August 18, 2021 11:28PM
  • qvamp
    qvamp
    I don't think there is a way I could have missed doing all of Blackwood. So, now I've tried this:
    - the prologue quest in the store
    - going to the map of Blackwood and seeing if there is anything enabled that I can click into
    - going to the map of Blackwood and trying to click on the 'open zone guide'
    - reading up on other ways to get in and going to find a letter in Shadowfen
    - - and from this going through the delve

I found the 'Dread Lady's Letter' which, supposedly, would help me start the quest, but it says it marked somewhere on my map, but I have no idea what I'm looking for or how it would be marked, and I have no sure idea if this is how I start the quest, since still nothing says 'A Mortal's Touch'
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes that's it! , it should start in Rivenspire-delve Erokii Ruins-near staging grounds wayshrine

** it's just a prologue quest, you won't be going into the actual Blackwood Zone **
    Edited by Blinx on August 18, 2021 11:55PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot play Blackwood without buying the Chapter.

The Blackwood Prologue quest is part of the base game, but the Blackwood Chapter zone is not included in the free play event.
  • qvamp
    qvamp
    Ah, ok. Then, all things are answered. I did do Mortal's Touch prologue. I just figured it was... well, a prologue to something.

Thanks for answering my questions
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With the OP getting their character into Blackwood, the issue is now resolved. For this reason we will now close out the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.