The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 Death Matches in 25 BGs is not ok

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
Last two days I did 25 BGs spreaded on 3 chars.
Of those 25 BGs only 2 were DM. Only bad luck or also bad game choices?
I usually like all form of BGs but always getting relic/flags/chaosball was really not fun.

When I do BGs i want to have some fun after a day of work and not getting annoyed by the game.
If you can't/won't provide this kind of relaxing fun I will look elsewhere.
Regards.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate deathmatch and would love to have only 2 deathmatch in 25 BGs. I usually end up leaving BG after a few minutes of banging heads against unkillable tanks and healers.
    PC NA
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    BG queue should be just like dungeon queues.

For Dungeons as you know, you select what dungeon you want to do, or you can select your random daily bonus dungeon queue. BGs should be the same way. Just sayin :D
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's my data.

ChLwWd0.png

246 total games

26 deathmatch (10.5%)
    55 capture the relic (22.3%)
    50 domination (20.3%)
    68 chaosball (27.6%)
    47 crazy king (19.1%)
    PC NA
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Here's my data.
    Is this all after Random Only queues?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be fair to add a deathmatch only queue. Many players will run the other formats as deathmatch anyway, making it less fun for those that want to do objectives. Let the deathmatch players have their own queue and the objective players can have their own queue. If it means slower queue times, so be it, but both formats would at least be healthier when the queue does pop.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »
    Is this all after Random Only queues?

Data from both Solo and Random BG from past 2 months. PvPMeter addon
    PC NA
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Well, u know what? I had ONE DEATHMATCH, in like 8 stupid flag games! And during that deathmatch, i got a disconected from server, and the maximize the pain, i was winning with zero deaths.

After that i rage quited, and only God saved ESO from unistaling.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem I have with BGs is on PC NA there must be less than 50 total people playing over and over. I recognize about 5 people every single match and they usually ruin the games because they ignore objectives and try to kill players. But whenever an ACTUAL deathmatch comes up and they happen to be on my team they can't kill hardly anyone, just run and hide and try to steal kills. And no matter what the game is, after they start making us lose, they rage quit.

Had TWO of them on my team today who both got us behind by 350, 250, 20, then they both rage quit. Which I love because most of the time (like today) when the toxic players leave I usually get someone who is pretty good. We actually came all the way back today and got like 480, without the bad start we would have won not take 2nd.

I wish there was a separate deathmatch queue and those folks played each other. Although I doubt that would solve the problem cuz most of the folks I've seen would still do the random because they aren't good at deathmatch, only at sneaky killing people playing objectives.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just yesterday i got 3 deathmatches in a row, felt blessed xd 🙏🙏
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I do BGs i want to have some fun after a day of work and not getting annoyed by the game.

I just play all BG like deathmatch
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be good to add a seperate queue for that mode, because in the other modes people seem to ignore the objectives. I did a couple of BGs just for the daily xp, and both were crazy king, but everyone ignored the flags, and just brawled in the middle. And sometimes, if it's indeed deathmatch, some players will hide and never join the fight, so at least if they added a seperate queue for deathmatch, those who actually want to play it, can queue there.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

I just play all BG like deathmatch

The first one of the day/evening for me is always a deathmatch. No matter what. :wink:
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad.

Even sadder that ZOS has put the BG community's complaints about this on ignore.

Between the inability to engage with BGs in a consistently enjoyable way by being forced into game modes I don't like, and ZOS's unacceptable lack of communication on this issue, I've found myself spending my entertainment time elsewhere.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_Kevin, any kind of acknowledgment would be an improvement.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on August 24, 2021 2:36AM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »
    The biggest problem I have with BGs is on PC NA there must be less than 50 total people playing over and over. I recognize about 5 people every single match and they usually ruin the games because they ignore objectives and try to kill players. But whenever an ACTUAL deathmatch comes up and they happen to be on my team they can't kill hardly anyone, just run and hide and try to steal kills. And no matter what the game is, after they start making us lose, they rage quit.

Wouldn't you agree non-deathmatch games make it more fun for deathmatch than deathmatch game?

When there is an objective, you don't need to look for random enemies. Instead just follow the players who do objective, and kill whoever blocks them or chases them. It also keeps the team together for healing and AoEs.

When I broke off and started chasing enemies I always got far lower scores, and wasted a lot of time running.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »

Wouldn't you agree non-deathmatch games make it more fun for deathmatch than deathmatch game?

When there is an objective, you don't need to look for random enemies. Instead just follow the players who do objective, and kill whoever blocks them or chases them. It also keeps the team together for healing and AoEs.

When I broke off and started chasing enemies I always got far lower scores, and wasted a lot of time running.

Whenever I'm on one of my NB's and its chaos ball, I just gank the ball carrier. Let the next guy pick it up, gank them as well, and so on.. (Kinda useless in that game mode since you can't cloak or shade for obvious reasons.) - Tend to do the same on my sorcs.
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    every bg mode is a deathmatch ;) unfortunately this mindset is the only solution until zos reverts the queue back to it’s original form. ;(
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had someone crying in chat last night during a crazy king match.

Was something like 1 and 9, with zero anything racked up on the board. Crying that I was playing death match because I went 23 and 2.

I had 2nd highest medals on my team. Team was last place. However; I never once fought anywhere other than on or in the vicinity of a flag. Trying to take it, of course.

Crazy king actually happens to be one of my favorite modes for that reason. It funnels fights quite often.

At the end of it, being that I was constantly brawling it out over flags with the team that won, I can't help but wonder where this guy/gal and the rest of the team were. Considering I took clips all throughout the BG because I was doing pretty gangster against basically both of the other opposing teams.

So I finally take a death on the back end of the match. There he/she is. Sitting up at the spawn. Crying and talking smack in chat instead of playing the match.

That. That right there is why I discount 90% of complaints about just about anything people have to say regarding the game mode and queue debate. Or any other whining about pvp stuff for that matter.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    So I finally take a death on the back end of the match. There he/she is. Sitting up at the spawn. Crying and talking smack in chat instead of playing the match.

Maybe he or she gave up because it's impossible to reach the targets or others by oneself?

I can see multiple players with extremely high D/K in almost every game, even when my group was winning easily and I was giving everyone buff and hot. I guess they died before reaching the target and after respawn there was no one to stick together, and couldn't survive the dangerous path to target.

Do they even have the mini-map addon, I wonder? There are always special marks on my mini-map, but I couldn't tell whether it's from ESO or from the addon... would definitely get lost without that.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

Maybe he or she gave up because it's impossible to reach the targets or others by oneself?

I can see multiple players with extremely high D/K in almost every game, even when my group was winning easily and I was giving everyone buff and hot. I guess they died before reaching the target and after respawn there was no one to stick together, and couldn't survive the dangerous path to target.

Do they even have the mini-map addon, I wonder? There are always special marks on my mini-map, but I couldn't tell whether it's from ESO or from the addon... would definitely get lost without that.

There are map and group member indicators on Xbox. I've not played on PC or PS so I'm not sure?