The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild bank stacking

eg0n
eg0n
Edit: The add-on is on ESOUI and in Minion now

TLDR; Anybody know how to stack items in your backpack using the API?

Prior to v1.0.4 (fixing the dupe hack) the guild bank did not always automatically stack items properly. If you deposited 3 of the same item (unstacked) from your bag, they would usually take up 3 slots in the guild bank. Sometimes they would be stacked correctly, but I could not see any pattern to when items were correctly stacked and when they were not. When you withdrew items into your backpack they would all be stacked properly in your backpack as each new instance of an item was added.

I wrote an add-on to address this. It finds items taking up more slots than necessary, withdraws them into your backpack one item at a time where they are supposed to be re-stacked, and then deposits them back into the GB.

The patch notes for v1.0.4 state:
"Changed the functionality of auto-stacking in guild banks. You will now have to stack items in your inventory before placing them in the guild bank."

This seems to result in items being withdrawn from the guild bank NOT auto-stacking in your backpack, and I cannot find any way in the API to stack items manually, so my add-on doesn't work any more.

Items not automatically stacking creates a huge pain in the arse, even if you manually stack items in your bag before putting them in the GB. If there is already a stack of the type of item you are depositing in the GB, you have to withdraw it, restack manually, and then deposit the new stack. Nobody ever does it and the GB runs out of room very quickly.

Anybody got a good solution?
Edited by eg0n on April 28, 2014 4:03AM
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    I know.... I do it every single day.... and sometimes more than once. Kind of scared to use your addon atm tbh. I'll just grit my teeth and rough it out.
    Edited by Vantor on April 19, 2014 8:39AM
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
  • eg0n
    eg0n
    It doesn't work at the moment anyway :(
  • eg0n
    eg0n
    Like, it won't break anything (probably), but items just end up in the same split stacks they were already in.
  • eg0n
    eg0n
    OK the new version mostly works. I think there's a bit of a timing issue that results in things not stacking properly if there's lots of split stacks, but you can run it multiple times and it'll probably work. I'll try rewriting it to be asynchronous, but I couldn't be bothered at the moment. Try it if you dare :)

The only potentially "destructive" code is withdrawal, deposit and moving items between bag slots, so the worst that can really happen is it ends up depositing the wrong items from your backpack into the guild bank, or you end up with items withdrawn into your backpack that you didn't want left there.
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    Is it available through ESOUI/Minion? I'd like to give it a try after all :P
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    Already got it :)
  • eg0n
    eg0n
    Excellent :)