The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Multi-threaded rendering.

Doomiel92
Doomiel92
So, I figured I would give it a try to see how the game performs with it. However, it says "The setting will not take effect until the game is restarted" So, obviously i restarted the game.. when I checked the setting it was turned off once again.
I can't find a way to keep it turned on, it turns off every time I restart the game. Any idea what's happening
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doomiel92 wrote: »
    So, I figured I would give it a try to see how the game performs with it. However, it says "The setting will not take effect until the game is restarted" So, obviously i restarted the game.. when I checked the setting it was turned off once again.
    I can't find a way to keep it turned on, it turns off every time I restart the game. Any idea what's happening

Sounds like a classical bug, seen this in other instances like addons and such. :p

Then again maybe it is something that is not compatible with your rig? I am far from an expert on the matter, sadly. :)
  • Doomiel92
    Doomiel92
    I tried it 10 times roughly.

My setup:
    Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
    Amd Ryzen 7 3700x
    Gigabyte RTX 3060
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @Doomiel92 we're currently tracking an issue where in-game settings are not saving for some players. We believe this could be related. We'll update when we have more info - thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Doomiel92
    Doomiel92
    Hey @Doomiel92 we're currently tracking an issue where in-game settings are not saving for some players. We believe this could be related. We'll update when we have more info - thank you!

Thanks, that was quick ^^
  • Kaynam
    Kaynam
    Soul Shriven

same thing here, i cant save my settings at all, hope a fix come soon to try this new feature!
  • Doomiel92
    Doomiel92
    Just a random addition, I can't even turn the addons off unless i do it on the character selection screen.
  • Doomiel92
    Doomiel92
    Update: After the maintenance it is still not working.
  • Kaynam
    Kaynam
    Soul Shriven
    It seems like adding the game path folder and live folder to the anti virus exception list solved the problem.
  • Doomiel92
    Doomiel92
    Doomiel92 wrote: »
    Update: After the maintenance it is still not working.

Actually worked lol.
  • PurplePhoenix
    PurplePhoenix
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, my wife and I are still having issues with settings saving since the update, meaning these options still can't be enabled. Thanks.