The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

crown mimic stones

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
I get mimic stones in crates so far, 22 of them. Also have another 38 in my craft bag that can't be turned in for gems. No idea where those came from. Anyway, do you find mimic stones useful enough that I should keep them for later or should I just turn them over for gems?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often use them with Master Writs on some of the rarer styles that I either don't have any or have very few, I've gone through over 2 dozen of them this way.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I often use them with Master Writs on some of the rarer styles that I either don't have any or have very few, I've gone through over 2 dozen of them this way.

Thank you. This is the kind of thing I was wondering about since I've just gotten to the point where I can do master writs. I'll sit on them.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown Mimic Stones are sometimes a daily login reward. They are one of the few Crown items I actually look forward to getting.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Crown Mimic Stones are sometimes a daily login reward. They are one of the few Crown items I actually look forward to getting.

I'd forgotten that. That must be where the others came from.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually use them as a way to get rare materials. I don't really do master writs, but I make a lot of furnishings that use Dwemer Frame/Culanda Lacquer/Ivory Brigade clasps, which can be expensive. I use the stones to craft gear in whatever style I need, then immediately decon it. I usually get the mat when I do so.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I usually use them as a way to get rare materials. I don't really do master writs, but I make a lot of furnishings that use Dwemer Frame/Culanda Lacquer/Ivory Brigade clasps, which can be expensive. I use the stones to craft gear in whatever style I need, then immediately decon it. I usually get the mat when I do so.

What a great idea. I'll keep that in mind as well. I really like making furnishings.