Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Outfit Station change

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I didn't see it in the patch notes, but swapping items doesn't reset your position anymore so you can side view weapons and the like without having to constantly swivel your character each time you view a different item. If its a bug, KEEP IT!
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Leave that in game.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    I didn't see it in the patch notes, but swapping items doesn't reset your position anymore so you can side view weapons and the like without having to constantly swivel your character each time you view a different item. If its a bug, KEEP IT!

Hey @phaneub17_ESO, looks like this one slipped through the cracks with patch notes. We're getting it added. Thanks for the call-out, and we can confirm this fix is intended. Glad to hear you like it!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvelous! Thanks ZOS!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh finally
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can the team look at issue when you're previewing items at the outfit station out personalities applied refreshing to no personality state always, it's from at least last year and wasn't mentioned since.

Thanks!
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very welcome change, thank you!
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to request... please remove weapon enchant effects from Outfit station preview... they constantly interfere with trying to see the actual color of your weapon when not unsheathed.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only for weapons though, still resets your position when you preview different armors.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    By the way can the team look at issue when you're previewing items at the outfit station out personalities applied refreshing to no personality state always, it's from at least last year and wasn't mentioned since.

Thanks!

Hello! We can confirm that what you're describing is working as designed, and not a bug. That said, we are always looking for ways to improve the Outfit Station experience and hear you on wanting to be able to preview outfit changes with your chosen personality equipped (and also you, @ADarklore, on the weapon enchant VFX).

Both are a little more complex than a simple on/off toggle. For example, some personalities have weapon animations (such as pulling out and flipping a dagger) that would conflict with showing your actual weapon. We do see your improvement suggestions, though, and the team will discuss them. Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can the team look at issue when you're previewing items at the outfit station out personalities applied refreshing to no personality state always, it's from at least last year and wasn't mentioned since.

Thanks!

Honestly it's helpful to have a neutral state for outfitting. Some personalities (notably Beast and Worm Wizard) have the character hunched over a bit, and that makes it difficult to design their outfits. Also considering how things like Telvanni Magister keeps the arms folded in front of the chest 90% of the time makes it difficult to see the chest piece.

It'd add an extra step if we had to take a personality off every time we intended to do something on a character who doesn't use the default.

I would love if the weapon enchant effects could get turned off though. I do find myself crafting basic weapons just to do outfitting.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @phaneub17_ESO, looks like this one slipped through the cracks with patch notes. We're getting it added. Thanks for the call-out, and we can confirm this fix is intended. Glad to hear you like it!

THANK YOOOOUUU!!! :)
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That said, we are always looking for ways to improve the Outfit Station experience.
    May I suggest two things to improve the outfit system:

1: Allow us to disable set effects. Trying to outfit a character which uses hatchling's shell for example, is a real pain. (or remove the 5 piece effect)

2: A copy/paste this outfit function. That way we can copy the current outfit, then re-equip a character, and paste the outfit back. So we do not have to re-do the outfit entirely, simply because we changed our gear. (This function only has to work while we are online, the copied data can be removed when we log off)

Thank you!

PS: Personally I'd want the hatchling's shell 5-piece visual removed, we can already see we have a magicshield by the shielded healthbar.
  • FuriousStyles23
    FuriousStyles23
    Soul Shriven
    Also can we have the ability to zoom out and in some? Mainly concerned with zooming out because whenever I try to preview different greatswords I can never see the top half of the sword I'm looking at. I think this is mainly affected by the height of your character but it's annoying😣
  • Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of making it so we can hide shoulder pieces too? ^_^
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way can the team look at issue when you're previewing items at the outfit station out personalities applied refreshing to no personality state always, it's from at least last year and wasn't mentioned since.

Thanks!

Hello! We can confirm that what you're describing is working as designed, and not a bug. That said, we are always looking for ways to improve the Outfit Station experience and hear you on wanting to be able to preview outfit changes with your chosen personality equipped (and also you, @ADarklore, on the weapon enchant VFX).

Both are a little more complex than a simple on/off toggle. For example, some personalities have weapon animations (such as pulling out and flipping a dagger) that would conflict with showing your actual weapon. We do see your improvement suggestions, though, and the team will discuss them. Thank you!

Thanks for replying and confirming that it's at least intentional change from one of the patches. Taking feedback about personalities and VFX usage to the team is much appreciated!
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Since you asked for suggestions for improvements, this is one I've wanted for a very long time.

Would it be possible to not show external effects that are being applied to your character from others, while at an outfit station?

Back in my noob days, I was appreciating a rare time when lighting was actually good at a dye station, when some mannerless troll thought it would be fun to throw mudballs at me repeatedly. I couldn't figure out who was doing it. It went on for a very long time. I finally got so frustrated I left. I haven't been very fond of mudballs ever since.

There are also skills people throw around in cities that affect everyone around them. It would be better to be able to see the colors without having all those effects showing, if it's possible.

Also - thank you for this change, it's really great!
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the preview in the crown store of armor and weapons can be a pain at times and wish I can see I can zoom in and out so I can them better.