The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for an Addon or try and create one myself

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for someone that could possibly create or help me create a simple addon

What I'd like it to do is when you are attacking a keep ( door or wall ) and you get it to 20% health, just want something to pop up on screen telling us to "Pack up ballista"
This shouldn't be to hard to do but I have no clue where to start and have no coding knowledge
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see that you are getting interested in making addons!

First off, I don't believe what you are asking for would be possible. An addon cannot tell the health of an object unless the player is looking at it (like its on your target frame, the thing at the top of the screen).
    That being said, you can make it so that if you look at the door and it has less than 20% health, then the message will pop up.

Heres a list of useful resources that will help you out:
    The esoui wiki (The most useful link as it has tutorials and descriptions and everything.)
    ESO's API
    ESO's Event List

Baertram's post on tips to help addon making
    ESOUI Forums
    Additional Tools that may help

ESO's addons use lua, which is one of the easier languages to pick up in my opinion.

How I would go about doing this:
    Register an event with local event = EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent() and the event being EVENT_POWER_UPDATE
    Either add a filter to the event or use if statements in the event callback to make sure that the function only runs if the unit is the target.
    In the callback, add another check to test if the name of the target via GetUnitName() is Keep Door
    Add one more check to test if the health is under 20%
    Finally, if all conditions are met, show something on-screen with something like announcements

I would go and work on this myself, but I'm pretty busy fixing bugs with my own addon. If I have spare time though, I'll see if I can implement this into my addon.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll have a ready through these