The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG matchmaking algorithm incentivizes less playtime

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If matchmaking is based on time played then it encourages less playtime. By playing fewer games, players get matched with others who aren't as good. Playing fewer games also means avoiding premades that queue repeatedly every day.

I have not been playing much lately and I noticed a big difference in matchmaking.

Games from the past week:

4Dt1YwG.png
xKV6NI2.png
fXug5Ma.png

Normally I do not have this kill/death ratio. Usually I go 1:1 or worse.

Based on my experience, I do not think time played should be a factor in matchmaking. It is not fair to others and the matchmaking should encourage more playtime, not less.

If I take a few days off Rocket League, I'll still be the same rank I was at previously and get matched appropriately. ESO battlegrounds should work the same way.
PC NA
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmr in this game only rise never fall this is problem.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that mmr should be something like when your team wins your mmr increases, when you come second your mmr stays the same and when you come third your mmr should decrease.
    Edited by Greek_Hellspawn on August 19, 2021 11:03AM
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso is probably one game where you are more happy when you lose mmr .
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    Eso is probably one game where you are more happy when you lose mmr .

The thing is tho that you can't really lose mmr the way it is now, mmr just increases every time you play a battleground, doesn't matter if you win or lose your mmr still increases.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I suck and my MMR keeps rising just for playing a lot of BGs :cry:
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup mmr must drop sometimes matches are unplayable if you met too good players you start to feel bad and leave games or turn off game. Its like i see this.