The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tier 2 Skill Morphs

Noctis77
Noctis77
Soul Shriven
Hello guys/girls. This is just an idea I've been thinking about. A way to spice up the combat in ESO. There are a lot of skills and weapons in the game but I often find myself using few of them at a time. With only 5 skill slots available(excluding Ultimates) I think it's fair to say that a lot of the skills end up going unused.

So this idea is simple. I already really like the "skill morph" concept and I believe there's a way to kick it up a notch. What if you could use a skill point to morph 2 skills into 1? For instance, the necromancers boneyard AOE and the destruction staff's Wall of elements, combined into a fire/ice/lightning graveyard? Or maybe the Vampire's frenzy and the Sorcerer's Surge? Or how about the Werewolf's Transformation Ult combined with the Wardens Sleet Storm?

The main thing I think is to blend the class abilities with the world/weapon/armor abilities. I think it'll give a lot more reason to level up the available skill trees and it could drastically change the way people play the game. They could obviously adjust/limit this in many ways. I'm not saying the idea is perfect. But maybe it's worth a shot.

I'm curious to see what you guys think about this. What would you guys recommend?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of skills will still end up not being used as much. The most effective builds require the most effective skills. If Zenimax did make this suggestion happen we would still have a shortlist of skills that are among the most effective.

The significant issue is the immense complexity with what is being suggested, being able to more any two skills in the game into one skill. That would be an incredibly painful process and even more problematic to balance. It would not be doubling the number of skills in the game but increase them to well more than 27k skills and ultimates if any two skills could be morphed together.

I do not think that is manageable.

That is based on the permutations for 165 skills and 23 ultimate abilities. That was based on skills being morphed with only other skills and ultimates being morphed only with other ultimates.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only to mention the insane skill point requirement to now have the best of the best abilities.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're only using 5 skills? Either you're a stamplar, or you're doing it wrong 🤷‍♂️
    Options
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't like this idea. seems unecessary. and like a balance nightmare.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on August 13, 2021 2:41AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    Options
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only nightmare to balance but it will be burden to the whole engine. Each morphs ability level (so Surprise Attack 1,2,3,4) is considered a separate ability for the engine. Adding new skills basically multiply some server checks by 4. So we can't get anything new unless the skill system is rewritten or added new server capacity.
    Options