Terrible PVP

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
As a 7 year veteran it is my opinion that the no cp battlegrounds get worse with each update.
I have seen alpha state games that perform better and have better game play.
[snip]

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 18, 2021 3:29PM
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance feels fine to me if that is what you're referring to. BG probably has the best performance amongst IC and Cyro.

The bad matchmaking and lack of DM queue is where the BG needs improvement on. And maybe a new map to add more spice.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the reply above, performance wise I never had any troubles in BGs. But if you are referring to balance issues, then I agree with you there, there is a lot that can be improved to enjoy the game more for everyone and not just 1%.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG performance is great! No complaints here!
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    BG performance is great! No complaints here!

The performance is ok compared to things like cyrodil sure. But that is not saying much or setting the bar to an acceptable level. Compared to other games, its pretty bad.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    This is the only game I have ever played where people are like "sure its bad but it could be worse, so that makes it good".
    If you aren't comparing eso against itself or other parts of itself and compare it against other major titles, you will realise just how bad it really is.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damage is through the roof this patch.

50k resist werewolf w/ 3k impen can die in 2-3 seconds from burst. It's pretty insane.
    PC NA
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

50k resist werewolf w/ 3k impen can die in 2-3 seconds from burst. It's pretty insane.

S3 vamp or bust. :persevere:
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, against a full glass canon maybe. But not really possible against most builds.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭

Yea, against a full glass canon maybe. But not really possible against most builds.

Majority of fights last 1-3 seconds regardless of build or opponent.

You are either the one bursting first or the one being burst.
    You can have a guy tripling your damage and be twice as good as you. Catch him off guard with a stun and burst him inside the stun while he is unable to fight back. Because lets be real once cc hits you , its too late. Break free never works.

There isn't really any skill level involved to this game anymore. People think there is but there isn't.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    If i block enemy burst and try to block-heal up again they just continue bursting and my health goes down instead, so i don't get out of defense. After block cost reduction their damage is still stronger than my healing. Dodging is also not reliable because jabs, radiant opression, dawnbreaker, leap, crescent sweep, subterrain assault, blastbones, streak, steel tornado all ignore dodging anyway and executioner, dizzy and many other skills hit while dodging although they shouldnt. And if i dont die before my stamina is empty very fast while the enemy can spam their attacks endless and never run out of stamina/magicka. And they still so tanky that they dont have to go into defense and can just continue attacking if i hit them.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    If i block enemy burst and try to block-heal up again they just continue bursting and my health goes down instead, so i don't get out of defense. After block cost reduction their damage is still stronger than my healing. Dodging is also not reliable because jabs, radiant opression, dawnbreaker, leap, crescent sweep, subterrain assault, blastbones, streak, steel tornado all ignore dodging anyway and executioner, dizzy and many other skills hit while dodging although they shouldnt. And if i dont die before my stamina is empty very fast while the enemy can spam their attacks endless and never run out of stamina/magicka. And they still so tanky that they dont have to go into defense and can just continue attacking if i hit them.

Block doesn't even work in pvp. Nearly everything does full damage with it up
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_RachelM on August 19, 2021 1:29AM

Don't censor me. I was baiting anyone. The pvp in this game is genuinely terrible and completely lacks skilled play.
    Because you disagree with my point of view does not mean that I am baiting.
    As a matter of a fact what I want is for enough people to complain that you guys are forced into action.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO PvP has an extremely high barrier to entry. New players don't understand how high the damage gets in PvP, so they wander into battlegrounds with 16k health and 12k resist and end up going 0-17 and hate the experience. I saw a player just like this a few days ago.

Additionally, they really need a separate mode for ranked premade deathmatch. Battlegrounds are not meant for 2 premades and 4 randoms, or even 1 premade and 8 randoms. It's not a good design when 1 premade, regardless of skill, can dominate a BG. Most randoms end up leaving a few minutes into the match when this happens. It's that bad.

1 Premade, 8 Randoms:

nPhRZzx.png

Solo Battleground solves this if you want to wait 60+ minutes. Yeah, I literally waited over an hour once for the Solo Battleground queue to pop at 3 in the morning. It was dead.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 19, 2021 6:29AM
    PC NA