The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've made the wrong choice in Into the Woods, Cold Harbor quest.

basketcaseNZ
basketcaseNZ
✭✭
The quest is where you have to choose either the shadow hunter wood elves or the Lamias. I chose the wood elves because Faraniel said she wanted you to persuade her clan to end the fighting. But then she turns around and says before you do that you've got to slaughter all the lamias and burn their eggs.

So I abandoned the quest but it won't let me go back and make the choice again. I'm still stuck with Faraniel.

Is there any way I can side with the lamias or just avoid this whole thing?

My only other option is to use Persuade so I can just fight the lamia champion but my character isn't a mage and don't really want to join the guild and get the skill line just for this.

Thanks everyone.
PS4 North America
Edited by basketcaseNZ on September 10, 2017 11:15PM
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Persuade unlocks at level one and costs one skill point. So it is one quest and your done if you have been picking up lore books as you go along
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you choose the lamias instead, the end results are just as horrifying, just so you know.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Persuasion and Intimidation are too useful to not join the MG or FG.

You can always ignore them.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Into the Woods is already completed and you've started The Shadow's Embrace, there's no way to go back and change your choice in Into the Woods. And no, you can't avoid the whole thing, as this quest chain is required to continue the storyline.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    does it really matter though....???
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly certain there is a choice in there where you don't have to destoy the eggs, just kill the Lamia queen. Read the choices carefully.
  • Darena_Bryant
    If you choose the elves, you can use Persuade to just have it so you kill the champion, not the other things. This saves the eggs and the majority of the lamia as well.

Getting persuade is as simple as joining the mage's guild, then investing one skill point at the very beginning; you can ignore the rest of that storyline afterward if you want, and persuade if hugely useful in a lot of other choices as well, shortening your required tasks or bypassing them entirely. It's worth the little bit of time you need to unlock it.
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    Most confusing quest ever lol. But no matter who you choose the other going to be your enemy there's no other way out of it . Go with your gut . But what if you can choose both 🤔 that would be grand that would resolve the issue completely. But in this case you can only choose one .
    Edited by wolveman on May 13, 2023 12:41AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does it really matter though....???

It does change who you see with during a quest later on in Coldharbor
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can side with the Lamia, stealth and not kill any bosmer and Faraniel will join you in the city afterwards. That's the closest you can get to a "happy" ending.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"