The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Decided and obvious performance reduction after today's maintenance What's going on?

CSose
CSose
✭✭✭✭
I immediately noticed an obvious and decided performance reduction in Grey Host today after maintenance. What is going on? What did they do that makes performance even more sluggish today than prior to maintenance?
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt even know it could get worse...
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been getting progressively worse week by week. Especially since the end of MYM.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive had a break since the game whose name must not be named had closed beta, seems like i wont return for awhile.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    Ive had a break since the game whose name must not be named had closed beta, seems like i wont return for awhile.

All but myself and my gf are left of the crew we play/played with. Due to the beast that shall not be named.
  • FolksySpade
    I've finally hit the last straw when it comes degrading performance issues. After 4 years of dedicated play, mostly in pvp, I can say that I've never been so miserable and unsatisfied with the quality of content i'm experiencing with the performance. While I understand why they've shoved this part of their community to the side to pursue other projects, (because of the declining interest in Cyrodiil, mostly to their own design) but its gotten to the point where it's not worth investing any more of my time, or money, into a system that continues to acknowledge performance issues while doing nothing for it.

To see where this game has ended up has been one the most disheartening experiences I've been apart of in any online community.. so It's time for a new game, a new start, and to leave this nuance of the past where it belongs. Thanks for the memories, even if they weren't so great.

• ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have no lag on my end on PC NA Greyhost @ prime time...

Then again, I am apparently in the extreme minority...
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU - It wasn't just grayhost; I shot over to Raven and it was decidedly worse. I gave up and went skyshard hunting. Smacked a delve boss. Waited. 3-4 secondshe dropped dead. Then couldn't get out of the door whatever I did.....
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCNA: got disconnected 3 times after maintenance yesterday, when fast travelling to a wayshrines all 3 times: I'd get the loadscreen and then booted to the log in screen. Not sure if reletaed to the maintenatnce, or not, but it happened upon porting.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭

Clearly you are not in one of the USA time zones [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 11, 2021 12:24PM
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »

Clearly you are not in one of the USA time zones [snip]

Actually, I am in CST and I say it all the time. In fact I have screenshot during prime time from many months that can even prove my ping during those times at most sits at 60, usually 45. But I can guess the counter-argument if any of those happen to be shown: "ping doesn't matter!"
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 11, 2021 12:25PM
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    After playing most of the week it is confirmed without a doubt. They made some kind of adjustment that has resulted in reduced performance in cyrodiil, at all times, not just peak times. At peak times its even worse than it was last week.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    After playing most of the week it is confirmed without a doubt. They made some kind of adjustment that has resulted in reduced performance in cyrodiil, at all times, not just peak times. At peak times its even worse than it was last week.

I feel inclined to agree.

A lot of general unplayability this weekend. The only thing that seems to be consistent in cyrodiil at this point is the complaints in zone chat.