Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2.1M Damage MagSorc BG SoloQueue Deathmatch

Moriz
Moriz
✭✭✭

Hello
Just sharing my highest ever damage in a battleground. Was a pretty nice match, hope you enjoy watching
Feel free to leave any feedback on gameplay or whatever else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yranwQ0oyJQ&ab_channel=Blacksheep
  • Jack_Handey
    Jack_Handey
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting
    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moriz wrote: »
    • Good job staying with the group.
    • I also run Life Giver. I do not see many magsorcs using it. It's very powerful for BGs.
    • Keep your shield up. 29k health (or 23k w/o food) is low enough to get killed in a single global.
    • Use Mighty Chudan + DDF / Malacath to free up a slot used by Boundless Storm.
    • Power Surge is not fully utilized unless you're a dedicated healer. Slot something else.
    • (Opinionated) Endless Fury sucks. It has a 1 second delay and often will not kill the player. It's better to slot Daedric Minefield, Flame Clench, or Elemental Drain.
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 9, 2021 9:40PM
    PC NA
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    • Good job staying with the group.
    • I also run Life Giver. I do not see many magsorcs using it. It's very powerful for BGs.
    • Keep your shield up. 29k health (or 23k w/o food) is low enough to get killed in a single global.
    • Use Mighty Chudan + DDF / Malacath to free up a slot used by Boundless Storm.
    • Power Surge is not fully utilized unless you're a dedicated healer. Slot something else.
    • (Opinionated) Endless Fury sucks. It has a 1 second delay and often will not kill the player. It's better to slot Daedric Minefield, Flame Clench, or Elemental Drain.

hey!
    I really appreciate your feedback. I do try to always play around my group and i'm a big fan of Life Giver, you can make so many plays around it.
    I'll give chudan a try and will look into dropping power surge. I keep swapping Endless Fury back and forth, sometimes I agree it sucks but sometimes it enables great combos
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, impressive, especially in solo queue!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    overpowered and unfair to the oother classes.
    that is way too much damage.
    im sory, just honest truth, and its been this way since beta.
    sorcerers are simply way too much defenses and way too much damage.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

ANY CLASS can do that much damage in BGs. Especially when it looks like they have someone straight healing them the entire fight. There is a player there with zero kills, zero assists, and zero deaths. All they were doing was healing. I can put up 1 mil damage on any class with no healer in BGs. I can easily put up 2M+ with a dedicated healer on the team.

And you can even do that much damage far more efficiently if you go all in on AOEs like a magden.
    Edited by jaws343 on August 10, 2021 6:11PM
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1 video of a player doing well is not an indication of a class' imbalance.

There are loads of videos of other classes that go 30-0 with 3m+ damage. We don't go about calling them as "overpowered and unfair"
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭

Come on now lol. I smack magsorcs regularly. Stamsorcs are a tougher opponent IMO because they can outmaneuver me without relying solely on streak. They literally run circles around you piecing you up with combo after combo.
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭

nah.
    i play every day multiple times a day, haven't seen this expansion another magsorc doing even close to this amount of damage. (DISCLAIMER: that is not me "boosting my ego" or something, it's a comment on class balance) I did see tho classes like magdk/magden do things like 1.8m+ damage
    my build and skill are doing this damage, not my class.
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

ANY CLASS can do that much damage in BGs. Especially when it looks like they have someone straight healing them the entire fight. There is a player there with zero kills, zero assists, and zero deaths. All they were doing was healing. I can put up 1 mil damage on any class with no healer in BGs. I can easily put up 2M+ with a dedicated healer on the team.

And you can even do that much damage far more efficiently if you go all in on AOEs like a magden.

i challenge you to show me a 2m+ bg match on a magsorc made by you
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭

i challenge you to show me a 2m+ bg match on a magsorc made by you

solo queue and with no AOE skills just like i played

good luck
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had a dedicated healer on your team.

My point is, with that, any class can gain a bunch of damage.

I mean, in deathmatch, damage done isn't even important, kills are. And you only have 16.

I had a deathmatch once where I got lucky and paired with a healer and went 35-0.

And 1M damage, without a healer on the team, is a normal amount of damage. Doubling that with a healer is not that big of a deal and has nothing to do with being a sorc.
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    You had a dedicated healer on your team.

My point is, with that, any class can gain a bunch of damage.

I mean, in deathmatch, damage done isn't even important, kills are. And you only have 16.

I had a deathmatch once where I got lucky and paired with a healer and went 35-0.

And 1M damage, without a healer on the team, is a normal amount of damage. Doubling that with a healer is not that big of a deal and has nothing to do with being a sorc.

Yeah if anything magsorc will be one of the harder classes to deal this much damage because of the lack of AOEs, I agree with you that it has nothing to do with mag sorc.
    I could post a bunch of screenshots of me doing 30-40 kills games with 0-5 deaths and no healer but that would just be unecessary weird flex.

16 kills was the highest kills in that game and by a decent chunk. Every team had healers and good players, but good try on the "you only had 16"
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you were in a deathmatch that ran out of time. Which means your damage done speaks more to your opponents healing than to anything else. At 2.1M damage over the course of 15 minutes, you were doing an average of 14,000 damage every 10 seconds. So, 2 skills and light attacks every 10 seconds that damage an opponent.
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    yeah 3 teams with good players and healers
    but i mean hey you right tho every game you see people performing like that, specially on magsorc. why don't you make a video like that yourself too? i would love to watch it
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, I was literally only commenting on another player who was trying to use this video as a springboard for their nerf sorc vendetta. Sorc had nothing to do with the damage done here. You took this and ran with it as a challenge and insult to you.

You had a perfect scenario of a dedicated healer on your team and tanky opponents who also didn't die. In a deathmatch that lasted the full 15 minutes. Of course you got 2.1 million damage. You had 15 minutes to do so. Being a sorc had nothing to do with it. Which has been my only point. Any other class in this same scenario would do the same or more damage done.

• Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    "Any other class in this same scenario would do the same or more damage done."
    very true
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gg but it's not as rare as you think, i see magsorc almost everyday do 2m dmg, i have also done it myself plenty of times.
    If you have a healer and the other team also has it's actually pretty easy to do 2m+ dmg because you don't need to play defensive much cause of the healer, same thing applies with the opponents, you damage them they heal and so on.
    I agree that it's easier to do it in other classes cause they have more aoe skills,but keep in mind magsorc has one of the best single target dmg, even if he doesn't have aoe.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

A 2m bg i got some time ago on stamdk, game didnt play entire duration maybe 4 min left dont remember. They werent good so i just 1v4 the teams. Only aoe is noxious breath, leap and dk armor.
    Edited by Daffen on August 12, 2021 10:41AM
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage doesn't mean anything tbh. But good job anyways ^^
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    Gg but it's not as rare as you think, i see magsorc almost everyday do 2m dmg, i have also done it myself plenty of times.
    If you have a healer and the other team also has it's actually pretty easy to do 2m+ dmg because you don't need to play defensive much cause of the healer, same thing applies with the opponents, you damage them they heal and so on.
    I agree that it's easier to do it in other classes cause they have more aoe skills,but keep in mind magsorc has one of the best single target dmg, even if he doesn't have aoe.

nah, you don't see it almost everyday.
    I also play everyday and every match people who are at the top of the leaderboards (not like it's any skill representation but those people sure do play ESO a lot) are also in my games and i have NEVER EVER seen a magsorc doing 2m damage.
    it is OBVIOUSLY possible since i just posted a video, but it sure as hell is rare.
    only reason i recorded it and posted it was because in that video I was facing like 3 players from top 10 Deathmatch AND i had top kills AND i did 2.1M damage

like i said previously i can post like 20 screenshots of me farming some noobs 30/0 with millions of damage, but that certainly is not the case in this video.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nah, you don't see it almost everyday.
    I also play everyday and every match people who are at the top of the leaderboards (not like it's any skill representation but those people sure do play ESO a lot) are also in my games and i have NEVER EVER seen a magsorc doing 2m damage.
    it is OBVIOUSLY possible since i just posted a video, but it sure as hell is rare.
    only reason i recorded it and posted it was because in that video I was facing like 3 players from top 10 Deathmatch AND i had top kills AND i did 2.1M damage

like i said previously i can post like 20 screenshots of me farming some noobs 30/0 with millions of damage, but that certainly is not the case in this video.

I play high mmr BG everyday and only recognize one name. Also BG leaderboards mean nothing. It just means they play a lot.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play in high mmr bgs on pc na. Most games there are multiple people with over 1.5-2m damage. There are several sorcs in the bg guild I am in that consistently put out 2-3m damage every game.
    As for OP, good job! Keep it up.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    I play in high mmr bgs on pc na. Most games there are multiple people with over 1.5-2m damage. There are several sorcs in the bg guild I am in that consistently put out 2-3m damage every game.

No disrespect but I honestly don't believe you.
    I got back to ESO maybe about 4 weeks ago, played a sh*t ton of games and finished high in the leaderboards every week (which has 0 representation of skill but certainly is a display of time played), I played against other names who also play the game A LOT (other people on top of the leaderboards).
    I literally never seen another magsorc do 2.1m damage, which is the only reason I even recorded it.

Not sure under what rock your "several sorcs doing 2-3M damage" are hiding, but they certainly hide well from the game's system, never playing vs the people who play this game mode the most.

It is undoubtedly possible as I just posted a video of it, but it certainly is not common.
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    I literally just tried to youtube/google it to see if i'm trippin and for some reason I have never found those "mysterious sorcs" who do 3M damage but are never in my games.
    I couldn't find anything anywhere.
    Again, I'm sure it's possible as i'm not a ""professional ESO player"" and I uploaded a video on it, it defs isn't common like a couple of ya'll are trying to say for no reason.

Watch my video, if you believe you can out perform me please let me know in game, @Moriz, I would love to learn from you.
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    [snip], this is 2021.. I hope my last post didn't come off as sarcasm because it's not.
    I genuinely need to meet people who are actually better than me so I can continue my player growth.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on August 15, 2021 8:55PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I got back to ESO maybe about 4 weeks ago, played a sh*t ton of games and finished high in the leaderboards every week (which has 0 representation of skill but certainly is a display of time played), I played against other names who also play the game A LOT (other people on top of the leaderboards).
    I literally never seen another magsorc do 2.1m damage, which is the only reason I even recorded it.

Not sure under what rock your "several sorcs doing 2-3M damage" are hiding, but they certainly hide well from the game's system, never playing vs the people who play this game mode the most.

It is undoubtedly possible as I just posted a video of it, but it certainly is not common.

Sorry you don't believe me but it is true.
    Magio.hex, iCaliban and sarahandcompany are all magsorcs I know in high mmr bgs and they constantly perform at the levels discussed.

The likelihood of doing over 1m damage in a game is almost always tied to the presence of 1+ healers in the game.

On discord in our bg guild, adastra is full of screenshots from games showing what I just said.
    Heck, we have magplars who put out 2m damage a game as well.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your userid btw? I've never seen Moriz or Blacksheep before in BGs.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry you don't believe me but it is true.
    Magio.hex, iCaliban and sarahandcompany are all magsorcs I know in high mmr bgs and they constantly perform at the levels discussed.

The likelihood of doing over 1m damage in a game is almost always tied to the presence of 1+ healers in the game.

On discord in our bg guild, adastra is full of screenshots from games showing what I just said.
    Heck, we have magplars who put out 2m damage a game as well.

Damn Magio, he kills me like at least 5 times a match :( He needs a nerf.
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    @Moriz
    and I recently "adjusted" my name, it was a different variant of it
    My sorc (and like 7 other characters of mine) has always been named Blacksheep