Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Does Soul Shatter work?

Traisa
Traisa
✭✭✭
I have this passive ability, but when I've died, I don't recall seeing my soul explode.
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you have Soul Trap or Soul Assault slotted at the time?
    The Psijic Order
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    No, does it need to be slotted? I would think if it was required, it would say so, like other skills say when something has to be equipped in order to get the effect to work.
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to have a soul magic spell equipped. In earlier betas you didn't, but it was changed. They never changed the tooltip for that passive after the adjustment though.
    King of Beasts

• Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, well that kind of sucks. I don't have any slots to spare. I guess I could get the ultimate. Is Soul Shatter really worth it though? I'd hate to waste a skill point if I won't be able to use it.
  • harnessedyeti9
    harnessedyeti9
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing with this. It seems I can have Soul Trap slotted and it still won't activate.
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Traisa wrote: »
    Oh, well that kind of sucks. I don't have any slots to spare. I guess I could get the ultimate. Is Soul Shatter really worth it though? I'd hate to waste a skill point if I won't be able to use it.

Soul shatter is a really powerful ultimate, but it's a channel. So use it wisely or activate immovable before you use it(if we're talking 1v1).
    I've been playing with this. It seems I can have Soul Trap slotted and it still won't activate.

Hmm..Ok then you have to have the ultimate slotted. It definitely works with that equipped, since I use the ultimate a lot and it always procs after death.
    King of Beasts

• harnessedyeti9
    harnessedyeti9
    ✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    Hmm..Ok then you have to have the ultimate slotted. It definitely works with that equipped, since I use the ultimate a lot and it always procs after death.

Thanks for clarifying this. Was going to assume glitch.

• Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    Its a glitch then. There is only 2 active skills in the Soul Line, if either one of them is slotted shatter soul will proc.
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks. I think I'll go for the ultimate then. As long as I have it slotted in one of my ultimate slots, it will still register, right? Even if I'm not currently using the other weapon swap at that time?
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    Must be on your active bar (current weapon layout) at the time you die for it to proc. There is no way of getting around to having a free corpse boomey thing. =/
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Awww, it's so limiting. lol