Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leaderboards

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
dNQYflu.png

[snip] The leaderboards are not an indication of skill level or wins/losses.

d5vfFV8.png

I win almost 100% of my Capture the Relic games but I'm never on the leaderboards because I don't play battlegrounds all day.

Leaderboards should not elevate players based on points accumulated and thus time played. These players are not leading in anything that deserves recognition.

[Edited title for Rude Comments]
Edited by Psiion on August 13, 2021 8:22PM
PC NA
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that leaderboards don't mean anything but why do you have to be so rude and aggressive about it? What did these leaderboard players do to you?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The leaderboards are not designed for healthy player competition and enjoyment. No MMO should ever incentivize excessive amounts of play time to rank high on a leaderboard. Players who fall into this trap do not deserve recognition, bragging rights, etc. This is a very bad design for how PvP ranking should work in an MMO.

Blizzard failed big time in Vanilla WoW when they incentivized Rank 14 Grand Marshal / High Warlord, which took 12 hours/day for 3+ months to achieve. Rank 13-> 14 took 16+ hour days for 2 weeks and there's stories online about players collapsing from exhaustion. They eventually removed ranks altogether in favor of healthier, more competitive PvP systems.

I hear similar horror stories about the time required to get Emperor in Cyrodiil.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 13, 2021 11:21PM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that leaderboards don't mean anything but why do you have to be so rude and aggressive about it? What did these leaderboard players do to you?

I'm being very direct about my feedback but I wouldn't say it's aggressive. The rude part is debatable depending on perspective and sensitivity. Read my post above for further clarification.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 13, 2021 11:27PM
    PC NA
  • Moriz
    Moriz
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it sucks, just like the rest of the BG in this game.
    there are no real ways to fix it as the skill gap in this game between people who actually can pvp and the bots who play this game on first person for questing and decide to get their pvp daily completeled.
    If they added a true MMR we'd have 30 mins queue everytime, and it would be nearly impossible to adress a true ranked system between solo queue and premades.

Maybe they should follow Lost Ark steps and make it where you do have the grindy-everything-counts queue where premades are available and everything and make the solo queue be a true ranking system with rank tiers and rewards, actually based on win/loss ratio AND individual performance.

Let's be honest tho it's never gonna happen
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Eso leader boards like everything else in eso only reward those who play the most not the best.
    The only leader-boards I have seen that indicate any kind of skill level are the ones for the vet solo arenas.