The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Knowledge Requested: Cyrodiil Traveling Siege Merchant

Tatanko
Tatanko
✭✭✭✭
I've been working on updating the pages related to Siege Weapons and Siege Merchants for the UESP wiki recently, and one piece of missing information is still eluding me. On the article for Siege Merchants (linked below), you'll see that there is a fixed-location merchant at each of the six alliance bases. There are also -- theoretically -- two traveling Siege Merchants per alliance, however only one of the Ebonheart Pact merchants seems to be known. Since realizing this, I have ridden around EP territory in Cyrodiil a few times hoping to track down this theoretical second EP merchant with no luck.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Looking for folks with lots of time spent in Cyrodiil, especially in areas that are EP by default.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Siege_Merchants
Silvanus the Gilded
Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
Imperial Templar - PC/NA
Learn More
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen an Argonian merchant around Waterside Mine area a few times. I think his route starts somewhere near Cheydinhal and ends at the North side entrance to Drakelowe.
    Ps4 EU
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    I've seen an Argonian merchant around Waterside Mine area a few times. I think his route starts somewhere near Cheydinhal and ends at the North side entrance to Drakelowe.
    That is the one we do know already: his name is Hjorn (which sure sounds like a Nord name, but...).
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh OK, I can't think of another one, sorry. I'll keep an eye out though!
    Ps4 EU
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vaguely recall seeing an EP siege merchant wandering in a snowy area, but I cant remember when or exactly where.

If Im recalling correctly then the logical end point for that merchant would be Kingscrest or Arrius.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spent a bit of time today on PTS running up and down various roads in the EP area, finally found one! This one is a dunmer that goes by the name Luren, and walks the roads near BRK.

Screenshot_20210728_222119.png?width=948&height=533

This is the path he takes, stopping points marked in yellow.
    unknown.png?width=590&height=591

Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a siege merchant hanging out at the front gate of Dragonclaw...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vaguely recall seeing an EP siege merchant wandering in a snowy area, but I cant remember when or exactly where.

If Im recalling correctly then the logical end point for that merchant would be Kingscrest or Arrius.
    I will keep an eye out when I'm near those two locations. That seemed the most logical area to see a second traveling merchant, but I scoured the area and came up empty handed on my first attempt.
    Lariana wrote: »
    I spent a bit of time today on PTS running up and down various roads in the EP area, finally found one! This one is a dunmer that goes by the name Luren, and walks the roads near BRK.

This is the path he takes, stopping points marked in yellow.
    Thank you, thank you! I will do my best to document this for the wiki, and you are a saint for providing such good information o:)
    geonsocal wrote: »
    there's a siege merchant hanging out at the front gate of Dragonclaw...
    Yup! That is Arbella and we already have her documented :smiley:
    Edited by Tatanko on August 12, 2021 2:32PM
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huge thank you to @Lariana for providing instructions and a screenshot! I have not been so lucky to come across this NPC myself across 5 different campaigns, but I'll keep trying. In the mean time, I have updated the articles for Siege Merchants and Luren.

A many-year-old case has been solved with your help -- much appreciated!
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is another wandering siege merchant in EP land. I usually run into them around Drakelow Keep west side, by the door, and I'm pretty sure they walk all the way in between Drakelow and Blue Road Keep, but I've never followed them all the way along their route. I've seen them crossing the bridge by Blue Road mine heading south toward Harlans Outpost too. (oh, I see you've already identified this merchant)

The other most common wandering siege merchant I see is around Fort Dragonclaw, but I'm pretty sure that one is technically DC merchant. (and this one too)
    Edited by CSose on August 12, 2021 3:57PM
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy to have helped! I suspect the reason this particular merchant is hard to find on the live server is that he may be prone to frequent violent deaths, because that area around BRK is heavily traversed by more than one faction :wink:
    Not even daedra have two left feet!