The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Furnishing Crafting Station to craft all Furnishings in one place

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd love to see a Furniture Crafting Station where you could access all your Furnishing blueprints, etc., in one place, rather than having to visit all the individual crafting stations. You would still need to have the skills necessary for the Furnishings you want to craft, and you could still craft Furnishings at the individual stations if you choose. But because so many of the same type Furnishing are spread out over the different crafting disciplines, it would make it a lot easier to find the item you want to craft without running from station to station to find it. Also, it would be great if they were categorized by Tables, Beds, Carpets and Rugs, etc., and in alphabetical order.
Edited by SilverBride on October 15, 2020 8:29PM
PCNA
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this too. I would love a complete overhaul of the entire system. There are so many problems and frustrations with furnishing. We spend way too much time searching through menus, addons, NPCs, inventory and homes, TTC, the purchase tab, the crown store, eso fashion, eso-housing, and from crafting station to crafting station; it can take hours just to find or craft and place only a few items.

Things would be so much easier if more of this was consolidated somehow into one UI element.
  • MajorDavood
    MajorDavood
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a Furniture Crafting Station where you could access all your Furnishing blueprints, etc., in one place, rather than having to visit all the individual crafting stations. You would still need to have the skills necessary for the Furnishings you want to craft, and you could still craft Furnishings at the individual stations if you choose. But because so many of the same type Furnishing are spread out over the different crafting disciplines, it would make it a lot easier to find the item you want to craft without running from station to station to find it. Also, it would be great if they were categorized by Tables, Beds, Carpets and Rugs, etc., and in alphabetical order.

Here here! You've got some really good ideas!

I've only learned around 500 furnishings but just clicking and scrolling through that mess is annoying. Lots of room for improvement. *thumbs up* to your ideas. :)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only learned around 500 furnishings but just clicking and scrolling through that mess is annoying. Lots of room for improvement.

I don't know exactly how many I have, but it's not even close to 500. I can't even imagine what scrolling through that many would be like. We definitely need a better organized crafting system, especially for Furnishings.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 11, 2021 2:22PM
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they could add a search function to the crafting table section for blueprints, diagrams, etc. or have drop-down menus for the sections that hide the contents until you open them.

I usually know whether it’s in Parlor or Undercroft or whatever, but scrolling through hundreds of items to find it is hard because the section headers are hard to see.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they could add a search function to the crafting table section for blueprints, diagrams, etc. or have drop-down menus for the sections that hide the contents until you open them.

I usually know whether it’s in Parlor or Undercroft or whatever, but scrolling through hundreds of items to find it is hard because the section headers are hard to see.

I like the idea of drop-down menus. I've also learned what category a lot of items are under, but the categories are so jumbled with everything in one big lump. That's why I'd like subcategories like Parlor > drop-down to Carpets, Tapestries, Banners, Tea Tables, etc..
    PCNA
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but below is an addon that adds a search bar for each individual crafting station and works on the furnishing tab.

HearthHome Filter

• Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bit over 2000 recipes, a single station isn't something that I need that badly. What I do need however is filters and a search function. Being able to text search and filter the plans by style is something I badly need at the stations. Most of the plans are fairly logical as far as which station it is. Finding them in said station is a pain in the rear, which would be even worse if they were all in a single station without the option to search and filter them.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would LOVE such a feature! :love: I’ve recently been crafting furnishings for several of my homes and so much time is going to every crafting station and checking each category (because there are a few not where you would expect), then wondering whether I even have the blueprint learned after all, GAH! :confounded:
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely we need new UI for furnishing crafting because with thousands of recipes it's completely mess. When I want to craft a bed, I want to quick search through all beds. Now I know that most of beds are in clothing station, but guess what - you have also orcish bedding in enchanting station - surprise!

If you want mix styles and just look what options you have - it's a nightmare...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Most of the plans are fairly logical as far as which station it is. Finding them in said station is a pain in the rear, which would be even worse if they were all in a single station without the option to search and filter them.

Beds at the Clothing station, rather than Woodworking doesn't seem logical to me.

Also, being in a single station it could be organized much better. Like I and some others have mentioned, there would be categories with their corresponding subcategories, and hopefully in alphabetical order. So if you wanted to make a bed you would choose Suite > Beds and they would all be there. The way it is now you have some beds at this station, and some beds at that station, and the same with stools and some other items.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 11, 2021 2:23PM
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but below is an addon that adds a search bar for each individual crafting station and works on the furnishing tab.

HearthHome Filter

Console
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Most of the plans are fairly logical as far as which station it is. Finding them in said station is a pain in the rear, which would be even worse if they were all in a single station without the option to search and filter them.

Beds at the Clothing station, rather than Woodworking doesn't seem logical to me.

Also, being in a single station it could be organized much better. Like I and some others have mentioned, there would be categories with their corresponding subcategories, and hopefully in alphabetical order. So if you wanted to make a bed you would choose Suite > Beds and they would all be there. The way it is now you have some beds at this station, and some beds at that station, and the same with stools and some other items.

Some slight improvements can be made to the current crafting stations with a lot less effort than a completely new crafting station and interface just for furniture.

I don’t just do housing and deal with multiple bugs each day that I would rather see addressed.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t just do housing and deal with multiple bugs each day that I would rather see addressed.

If we waited for all the bugs to be addressed before any improvements were made we would never have any QoL changes.

And I strongly assume there are many different teams working on all the different aspects of the game, rather than one team jumping around doing it all. So one team addressing QoL doesn't take anything away from another team addressing bugs.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 11, 2021 2:23PM
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If we waited for all the bugs to be addressed before any improvements were made we would never have any QoL changes.

And I strongly assume there are many different teams working on all the different aspects of the game, rather than one team jumping around doing it all. So one team addressing QoL doesn't take anything away from another team addressing bugs.

Yes you’ve said that before. We don’t know that for sure. Each patch some things get fixed and others have to wait, so resources for fixing bugs must therefore be finite.

You are saying this is a QoL improvement but many others here are saying the current system is intuitive and works fine.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you’ve said that before. We don’t know that for sure. Each patch some things get fixed and others have to wait, so resources for fixing bugs must therefore be finite.

I don't remember ever saying that before, so please point me to the post where I did. I also never said their resources for fixing bugs was infinite. I just said there was most likely different teams working on different aspects of the game, rather than one big team doing it all.

You are saying this is a QoL improvement but many others here are saying the current system is intuitive and works fine.

Yes, the current system works "fine", but in a very disorganized manner, and is not intuitive. My intuition would send me to the Woodworking station, not the Clothing station to make a bed.

Furnishings should have always had their own station. When Jewelcrafting was introduced they didn't just add jewelry to the Blacksmithing station. They gave it its own station, even though you could only craft 2 items with it at the time. (The few additional items that were added are Furnishings.)

I'm not requesting that they completely redo Furniture crafting by giving it its own skill line separate from the other crafts, although I think they should. What I'm suggesting, for now, is to add one thing that would make it make more sense.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 18, 2020 4:13PM
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it was you commenting about the “one crafting table for all sets” thread instead.

I can’t seem to ever get the search function to return anything remotely like what I am looking for, even when I know it is out there somewhere.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it was you commenting about the “one crafting table for all sets” thread instead.

I can’t seem to ever get the search function to return anything remotely like what I am looking for, even when I know it is out there somewhere.

I don't remember posting on that thread. I don't craft gear any more, just Furnishings. Could have been someone with a similar name, or the same dragon avatar I use. I've gotten mixed up myself before wondering "when did I make that post" when it was just someone else using the dragon. :|
    Edited by SilverBride on October 20, 2020 4:03PM
    PCNA
  • AbraKDabbler
    A Furniture Crafting Station would be a huge QoL improvement for those of use who enjoy Housing/Homestead and Crafting.

As it stands, If I want to craft furniture for a new house I'm furnishing, I need to either travel to a different house where I have all crafting stations, or carry the stations around in my inventory to place as needed. It sounds silly, but having just one station to carry around would be really nice.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QOL IM IN, ONE TABLE TO RULE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but on an real note this should had been the way from start all other crafts has their own table why not this too and the fact that items are all over the place and hard to fine just puts players off from doing this craft myself tho i know well over 2k planes i still wont craft them myself not spending half my game time looking for 1 item between 6 tables with 100s of items all mixed up and out of place NOT JUST NO TY BUT NO THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like my time in game to be FUN not an extra job
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be nice. There are so many furnishings now, one station with a good organizational system to find what you want would be a huge QOL improvement.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea, too ... but has anyone thought about how expensive this item might be (writ vouchers or crowns)?

Would you need Grand MasterCrafter as a pre-requisite to buy?

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 16, 2020 9:17PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea, too ... but has anyone thought about how expensive this item might be (writ vouchers or crowns)?

I hadn't considered buying them for our houses, but rather wanted one set up with the other crafting stations in town. But that is a very good point.

I don't know what prerequisites there are for other crafting stations, because I have never purchased these. But since there are multiple crafts that all make Furnishings, and you can make Furnishings even at a low level of most of these, I don't think a prerequisite would be necessary.
    PCNA
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know how this is still not a thing. I'd pay 5k writ vouchers or crowns or whatever for it.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Furniture Crafting station to rule them all! Uh, wait... to facilitate crafting furniture for us all!

Do not remove the requirements for the furniture equipment - just remove the 'Furniture' option from crafting stations.
    Edited by Drammanoth on August 5, 2021 10:52AM
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how expensive this item might be (writ vouchers or crowns)?

Grand Master Crafter? I need to craft some rugs, wardrobes, etc. Why would I need the title?

But this idea with Writ Vouchers I do like. And let's face it - if you want to have one in your house, it may mean that you plan on investing some of your resources into this area of ESO. So yes, it would make perfect sense to me.

My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea. Would also love a collection type system also so I know what I need to find with a preview available so I can see if I want to go the the trouble of finding it. Know there are websites that list and show all of them but that is no convenient for console players.

Stay safe everyone and ZOS please fix the green tree micromanaging :)
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be really very useful, yes please.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishings are very different from the types of items created at the other crafting stations. Having a Furnishing station makes sense.
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Is this a possibility?
    PCNA
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Is this a possibility?

Idea is great. Maybe make a pool in General Discussion section? (not so many people checking for crafting :p )