The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Meaning of "per stage" in Champion Points perks descriptions?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I tried to find the answer in this forum and other sites, but nobody seems to actually say what "per stage" means in the description of Champion Point perks. So what does it mean? Apologies if this is a stupid question.
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more champion points you put into the champion points tree the more perks light up.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll give an example, then: in the Mage/Warfare tree, one of the perks is:
    Eldritch Insight	Grants 260 Max Magicka per stage

So what is the "stage" being referred to here? Does a stage = 1 CP, or is it something else?
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the bar that fills as you add points, you'll see it's divided into sections, each section is a stage.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Look at the bar that fills as you add points, you'll see it's divided into sections, each section is a stage.

It's the bars yeah.

Some skills take 10 points to advance a stage, some 15, some an entire 50 points to reach the stage (usually they only have one stage though).

PC NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    M_Volsung wrote: »

It's the bars yeah.

Some skills take 10 points to advance a stage, some 15, some an entire 50 points to reach the stage (usually they only have one stage though).
    Thanks! :) I understand now, I didn't pay enough attention to the progress bars in the mouse over popups for each perk, silly me. I appreciate the helpful replies, people.