The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So what about the unused artifacts besides Volundrung you guys made? Auriels Bow, Pelinals sw/mace

Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
Whats the ETA or the result of all the unused Cyrodil artifacts? Are they still being worked on?

Sanguines Rose
Auriel's Bow
Pelinal's Sword and Mace
Staff of Indarys
Staff of St. Lothis
Wings of the Queen of Bats
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't give them ideas.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebony blade: Crazy Volendrung amounts of damage, cannot take down walls/doors but also does not appear on map. Gets stronger the more enemies you kill with it, but as the blade grows hungrier and hungrier it gets an increasing chance to deal damage to friendly players with every swing and ability use, eventually ending with you becoming flagged as hostile to your former allies and they have to put you down like the mad dog you are as you can no longer control your murderous impulses. But someone is always tempted by the power of the Ebony blade, and they pick it up and the cycle continues....

" I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    Don't give them ideas.

Im not. theyre already coded but abandoned. Auriel and S.Rose even have some abilities already
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't give them ideas.

Im not. theyre already coded but abandoned. Auriel and S.Rose even have some abilities already

They probably forgot about them. Shhh.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly volen was a good idea on paper but it isn't fit in the game rn. Would love those as mythics but nothing more really.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, players are too scared of Volendrung, idk why to be honest. Does it take a keep fast? Yes. Does the entire faction typically follow? Yes. Does that make it hard to defend because of lag and hammer? Yes. Easy solution, take keeps that the hammer-wielding faction owns since all of them are chasing the hammer... easy cap... and before you say PvDoor is a swear word using the hammer and faction stack is essentially the same thing so whatever, they stacked the hammer? They deserve it. You can also just hide in the keep and wait for everyone to leave and then just retake it from the inside.

You could also just try to kill the wielder, he is not immortal and has no self heals.

I would welcome more artifacts or the rotating of them, it would spice up Cyrodiil.

I assume they are waiting for the performance year(s) to conclude and PvP to get into at least a somewhat better place with lag to introduce these... either that or they will be scrapped, maybe even the hammer as well... which would be sad.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Honestly, players are too scared of Volendrung, idk why to be honest. Does it take a keep fast? Yes. Does the entire faction typically follow? Yes. Does that make it hard to defend because of lag and hammer? Yes. Easy solution, take keeps that the hammer-wielding faction owns since all of them are chasing the hammer... easy cap... and before you say PvDoor is a swear word using the hammer and faction stack is essentially the same thing so whatever, they stacked the hammer? They deserve it. You can also just hide in the keep and wait for everyone to leave and then just retake it from the inside.

You could also just try to kill the wielder, he is not immortal and has no self heals.

I would welcome more artifacts or the rotating of them, it would spice up Cyrodiil.

I assume they are waiting for the performance year(s) to conclude and PvP to get into at least a somewhat better place with lag to introduce these... either that or they will be scrapped, maybe even the hammer as well... which would be sad.

This is an oversimplification of hammer's effects on Cyro much like how people day "just ignore ball groups."

Hammer often ends up one way or another in the hands of the most populated alliance and they use it to take every keep they can get to. It's rarely traded back and forth.

And while you can go back cap them, in the the it took your group to flip one keep/castle/fort with minor resistance hammer just took 5 keeps.

Killing hammer is easy if it's alone but that's rarely true. Good players heal stack and swarm around hammer, making it hard to target. And no, tab targeting doesn't guarantee you hit that person.

It all comes down to the experience of the wielder and how many are supporting them. But 99% of the time it just ends up in the hands of whenever has the biggest zerg.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

This is an oversimplification of hammer's effects on Cyro much like how people day "just ignore ball groups."

Hammer often ends up one way or another in the hands of the most populated alliance and they use it to take every keep they can get to. It's rarely traded back and forth.

And while you can go back cap them, in the the it took your group to flip one keep/castle/fort with minor resistance hammer just took 5 keeps.

Killing hammer is easy if it's alone but that's rarely true. Good players heal stack and swarm around hammer, making it hard to target. And no, tab targeting doesn't guarantee you hit that person.

It all comes down to the experience of the wielder and how many are supporting them. But 99% of the time it just ends up in the hands of whenever has the biggest zerg.

This is true, but it's not like the keeps the hammer took are forever flipped. I get the chaos it brings but I just still don't see the big issue. I get it, like someone said in zone once... I don't remember the persons name but they said something like "the hammer erases so much hard work". And that's true, but I still just don't see the big deal, especially since they fixed the bug where the hammer would be active for hours and hours... typically it dies fairly fast now.

I remember one time, believe it was Gray Host, where my alliance had the hammer and we were just taking empty keeps basically because no one defended but DC was right behind us taking the ones we took pretty much immediately, so after the hammer died yeah we took like 5-6 keeps but we owned only 1 of them because the other faction just rode our heels. We didn't even stay if the keep flagged immediately, typically as soon as the keep was ours, we rode away.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings of the Queen of Bats

I didn't even know this existed, but after googling it and finding the Morrowind reference and it's existence in the ESO files I like it! Wish it wasn't a battle axe though, but oh well!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just replace artifacts by something else, for example temporary buff on the 3rd place faction.

The hammer sometimes got picked by random low experience players. They usually ignore advices of experienced teammates and directly run to a group of enemies solo, die, and give the hammer to enemies within a few minutes.

One person's action will significantly affect the whole map for hours. It's a complete disaster.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    Just replace artifacts by something else, for example temporary buff on the 3rd place faction.

The hammer sometimes got picked by random low experience players. They usually ignore advices of experienced teammates and directly run to a group of enemies solo, die, and give the hammer to enemies within a few minutes.

One person's action will significantly affect the whole map for hours. It's a complete disaster.

Isnt that the whole point of Sheogorath's reasoning for bringing them to cyrodil?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A rotating selection of Artifacts would be rather nifty, though I do also hope that any new additions would perhaps not be tuned so highly as Volendrung.

The entire balance of power tips when Volendrung is revealed - which I have sort of come to enjoy. But some more subtle or nuanced Artifacts that are more akin to Mythic items in power budget would be fun. Such items could also have a higher uptime on the map since they would not be nearly as powerful.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't even code the spawn locations correctly. Volendrung only spawns in 7 locations even though there's easily double that on the map
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you talk to Sheogorath after you finish the Volendrung quest, he says there will be more artifact weapons for us to use.

With the recent bomber meta, most of the hammer kills I see are exactly because the hammer is surrounded by a bunch of <20k HP detonators. Just wait until the new "anti-ball group" sets are released. Going to be plenty of Volendrung Vanquisher achievements to go around.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    What if they made new artifacts but only made them available to the factions *not* holding the hammer? Ideally it could be a choice so that if your faction holds the hammer, you can't pick up another artifact unless or until it's dropped and if the hammer is dropped, the other artifacts would automatically drop as well and couldn't be picked up unless another artifact was picked up by another faction? IDK just spit-balling. I know- as if we didn't already have enough factors overloading the servers, lol.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if they made new artifacts but only made them available to the factions *not* holding the hammer? Ideally it could be a choice so that if your faction holds the hammer, you can't pick up another artifact unless or until it's dropped and if the hammer is dropped, the other artifacts would automatically drop as well and couldn't be picked up unless another artifact was picked up by another faction? IDK just spit-balling. I know- as if we didn't already have enough factors overloading the servers, lol.

I was thinking they could add more artifacts but they could cycle the artifact that is in Cyro. Maybe some random order. The artifacts could be giving some boost to its holder but not some overpowered strength.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.